Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149523 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2910 on: July 26, 2008, 12:26:40 am »
Hi David....yes dial up might be the problem...its just taking a long time to download.....it just says Hi to all my friends.....its me on it....im just experimenting with my new camera.....

Hope you get it to work...

What klind of camera is it Sue? Maybe you could take some nice pictures with it and then post them inside my Shutter Bug thread!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2911 on: July 26, 2008, 12:41:04 am »
Yes David, I was planning on visiting your Shutter Bug Club....Rob told me about it.

Its a Pentax Optio E50........great little camera, and I'm enjoying learning how to work it. It is a great little piece of eqipment.

I had a Kodak previously for six years, but the dials are getting a bit stiff to turn probably due to a combination of sand, dirt, and drinks spilled on it over the years. And the Kodak did not have sound for the video clips, so I have been enjoying doing the little vid clips with sound.

I've always been a keen photographer, mainly taking shots of my family, grandkids etc.....I have never owned a cam corder, but a long long long time ago, we had a super 8 movie camera, and captured our kids when they were toddlers.

I will take some pics soon, and add them to your thread.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2912 on: July 26, 2008, 12:46:29 am »
Yes David, I was planning on visiting your Shutter Bug Club....Rob told me about it.

Its a Pentax Optio E50........great little camera, and I'm enjoying learning how to work it. It is a great little piece of eqipment.

I had a Kodak previously for six years, but the dials are getting a bit stiff to turn probably due to a combination of sand, dirt, and drinks spilled on it over the years. And the Kodak did not have sound for the video clips, so I have been enjoying doing the little vid clips with sound.

I've always been a keen photographer, mainly taking shots of my family, grandkids etc.....I have never owned a cam corder, but a long long long time ago, we had a super 8 movie camera, and captured our kids when they were toddlers.

I will take some pics soon, and add them to your thread.

Oh yes please come and post your pictures in my thread! Those Optio cameras are VERY good! I hope you have lots and lots of fun with your new camera Sue! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2913 on: July 27, 2008, 01:01:28 am »
What is everybody doing when we have 10 or 12 people on line and we only have about 4 posts per hour? I don't understand it. Nobody is in chat right now. I know what I'm sometimes doing. I'll have the homepage loaded and I'll be doing other things and check back every once in awhile. Maybe that's what everyone else is doing too.  :-\

injest

« Reply #2914 on: July 27, 2008, 01:35:37 am »
What is everybody doing when we have 10 or 12 people on line and we only have about 4 posts per hour? I don't understand it. Nobody is in chat right now. I know what I'm sometimes doing. I'll have the homepage loaded and I'll be doing other things and check back every once in awhile. Maybe that's what everyone else is doing too.  :-\

well people need to be posting!!! if everyone waits for everyone else we never will get this ball rolling!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have Napster...and I dont' mind paying 99 cents for a song BUT! why is it that every time I go online I forget the names of all the songs and artists I like?? My mind is completely BLANK!

guess what the last thing I bought was? (music I mean)

injest

« Reply #2915 on: July 27, 2008, 01:36:26 am »
now where did you go?

>:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2916 on: July 27, 2008, 01:54:09 am »
well people need to be posting!!! if everyone waits for everyone else we never will get this ball rolling!

I have Napster...and I dont' mind paying 99 cents for a song BUT! why is it that every time I go online I forget the names of all the songs and artists I like?? My mind is completely BLANK!

guess what the last thing I bought was? (music I mean)

That's why I ALWAYS take a shopping list with me when I go to the store. It doesn't matter how many times I rehearse it in my head, if I don't take a list I will get confused and forget things the second I walk in the store.

Jot it down Jess. Jot it down before you get on Napster and then you won't forget. What was the song you bought?

injest

« Reply #2917 on: July 27, 2008, 02:21:40 am »
That's why I ALWAYS take a shopping list with me when I go to the store. It doesn't matter how many times I rehearse it in my head, if I don't take a list I will get confused and forget things the second I walk in the store.

Jot it down Jess. Jot it down before you get on Napster and then you won't forget. What was the song you bought?

"Be Our Guest" from "Beauty and the Beast"!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I just cant' help but be happy when I hear that song...sometimes I play it in the car really loud and sing with it! It is fun except when I have to stop at the stoplights cause the other drivers look at me like I am crazy!

It is better than blasting them rap songs!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2918 on: July 27, 2008, 02:23:43 am »
"Be Our Guest" from "Beauty and the Beast"!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I just cant' help but be happy when I hear that song...sometimes I play it in the car really loud and sing with it! It is fun except when I have to stop at the stoplights cause the other drivers look at me like I am crazy!

It is better than blasting them rap songs!

I would have never guessed it in a million years!

Yes, it is MUCH better than those awful rap songs. :)

injest

« Reply #2919 on: July 27, 2008, 02:27:03 am »
I would have never guessed it in a million years!

Yes, it is MUCH better than those awful rap songs. :)

I also bought "Be a Man" and "A Girl Worth Fighting For" and "Honor to Us All" from "Mulan"

"Under the Sea", "Part of Your World", and "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from "The Little Mermaid"