Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2162285 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2530 on: March 09, 2008, 08:58:12 pm »
I know you like Alicia Keys, David. I do too -- what a voice! Here is her new release "Like You'll Never See Me Again".

Someone explain to me what's going on in the video. Did he oversleep and miss a date with her? I know he wrecked. Was he on his way to see her? It looks like they had an argument at one point in the video. But it looks like it's morning when they argue. After he gets off that couch and drives to her house. I can't quite seem to get the sequence -- going backwards.  :P 8)

Well, never mind -- the video won't show up, so here's the song. Anyway, if you've seen the video--tell me what's going on. I guess you can still see it on the YouTube site. Thanks.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHAMuefOZ5s&feature=related[/youtube]
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2531 on: March 10, 2008, 01:23:01 am »
I know you like Alicia Keys, David. I do too -- what a voice! Here is her new release "Like You'll Never See Me Again".

Someone explain to me what's going on in the video. Did he oversleep and miss a date with her? I know he wrecked. Was he on his way to see her? It looks like they had an argument at one point in the video. But it looks like it's morning when they argue. After he gets off that couch and drives to her house. I can't quite seem to get the sequence -- going backwards.  :P 8)

Well, never mind -- the video won't show up, so here's the song. Anyway, if you've seen the video--tell me what's going on. I guess you can still see it on the YouTube site. Thanks.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHAMuefOZ5s&feature=related[/youtube]

Is it a dream maybe Shasta? I agree with you. That video is confusing. I've seen it a few times on TV and I've heard the song many times on the radio. I LOVE the song! Yes, I'm a huge Alicia Keys fan!!

This is another one of my favorite songs by Alicia Keys. This one really isn't a video. I found the video on youtube, but the linking had been disabled. So this video clip has still pictures in it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa3ANL0HlM[/youtube]

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2532 on: March 10, 2008, 07:11:29 am »
Thanks, David. It may be a dream. Sort of a dreamy quality to the ending. I'm sure she's trying to get across the idea that you never know when your last moment with someone is taking place so try to be loving whenever you get the chance. That's a good message.

It looks like they get another chance at the end. I like to figure out the little mini-movies.

Yep -- "No One" is great! I love the video that goes to it too. I think Alicia Keys is stunningly beautiful. (Her patchwork jumpsuit is a big NO, however, if she ever thinks about wearing it on the red carpet -- LOL.)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2533 on: March 21, 2008, 01:00:31 pm »
Hey David,
You ok?
Heard Indiana was hit hard with bad storms and flooding!
Hope you are safe and dry!
Let me hear ok?
Have a happy Easter!
Richard

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2534 on: March 22, 2008, 03:51:30 am »
Hey David,
You ok?
Heard Indiana was hit hard with bad storms and flooding!
Hope you are safe and dry!
Let me hear ok?
Have a happy Easter!
Richard

Hi Richard, thanks for asking! Yes, I'm fine. So far Eagle Creek Reservoir hasn't breached it's banks so the west side of Indy is wet, but not flooded yet, although some parts of the city are quite flooded. Dad lives on the east side, on a hill so he should stay pretty dry too. We are currently having thunderstorms and tomorrow they are forecasting more precipitation. The flooding up north hasn't reached us via the rivers yet, and that will happen either Sunday or Monday. So far so good, but please keep us in your prayers because it isn't over yet... not by a long shot. And the folks in Missouri are even in worse shape than all of us in Indiana.

How are you doing after those appalling tornadoes last week Richard? Are you and your loved ones okay? Isn't this weather horrible? :(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2535 on: March 22, 2008, 12:15:59 pm »
Is Alex still in town D?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2536 on: March 23, 2008, 01:06:05 am »
Is Alex still in town D?

Yup! He will be here for a few more weeks! :D

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you too Gary!! :)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #2537 on: March 23, 2008, 08:56:14 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #2538 on: March 24, 2008, 02:00:54 am »
Hi David,

Looks like I just missed you.

Hope you've been having a great Easter.  :)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2539 on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:13 am »
Hi Richard, thanks for asking! Yes, I'm fine. So far Eagle Creek Reservoir hasn't breached it's banks so the west side of Indy is wet, but not flooded yet, although some parts of the city are quite flooded. Dad lives on the east side, on a hill so he should stay pretty dry too. We are currently having thunderstorms and tomorrow they are forecasting more precipitation. The flooding up north hasn't reached us via the rivers yet, and that will happen either Sunday or Monday. So far so good, but please keep us in your prayers because it isn't over yet... not by a long shot. And the folks in Missouri are even in worse shape than all of us in Indiana.

How are you doing after those appalling tornadoes last week Richard? Are you and your loved ones okay? Isn't this weather horrible? :(

Gald to hear Y'all are ok!
We are still cleaning up around town. It was real windy last week and glass was falling out of the damaged buildings.
Me and mine are all doing fine though.
This weather is certainly crazy!
HOpe you had a nice easter! I ate too much! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"