Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599183 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1100 on: January 13, 2007, 08:30:45 am »
Hey, congratulations, Jack!

Looking forward to having you back. In the meantime, enjoy Vienna...I am assuming Austria, not Maine! LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

midwest-girl

« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2007, 11:58:44 pm »
Amy, good luck with finding an agent for your original novel. Are you able to tell us what it is about?

Hi, sorry it's taken me so long to respond!  RL has been craaaazy!  Well, my original novel is not in the least bit slashy, I hate to say.  It's a mystery with a female criminal defense attorney as the main character.  My goal is to have the re-write done a month from now and get query letters out soon after, but we'll see.  The re-write process can be a real bitch sometimes.  Ugh.  Hope you all are doing well!  Amy

mvansand76

« Reply #1102 on: January 17, 2007, 09:45:07 am »
Hi, sorry it's taken me so long to respond!  RL has been craaaazy!  Well, my original novel is not in the least bit slashy, I hate to say.  It's a mystery with a female criminal defense attorney as the main character.  My goal is to have the re-write done a month from now and get query letters out soon after, but we'll see.  The re-write process can be a real bitch sometimes.  Ugh.  Hope you all are doing well!  Amy

Oh that's so exciting! Good luck, rewriting is the hardest thing about writing, isn't it? I always think so! Frustrates the hell out of me! 

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1103 on: January 17, 2007, 11:55:24 am »
Good luck getting published, Amy!  :D  I love mysteries with a female lead.
Leslie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
"Shades of Grey" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**
« Reply #1104 on: January 18, 2007, 09:01:11 pm »
There is a wonderful piece of fanfic called "Shades of Grey" written by a fellow Bettermost member. Melissa and I are currently encouraging other Bettermost members to read this remarkable story. I am creating this thread to discuss the story in depth with other members. Anyone is welcome to post here.

Please bear in mind we will be posting spoilers in here. If you haven't read Amy's story yet, you might want to start by reading her thread on Bettermost located in the Fanfic forum....

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4825.1095.html

You can also jump directly to the first chapter of her story using the following link...

http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/3784.html
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
Re: "Shades of Grey" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**
« Reply #1105 on: January 18, 2007, 09:03:33 pm »
So Kerry, what did you think of chapter 1? Have you started chapter 2 yet?

When Melissa first told me about SoG, I read the first 7 chapters in one night! haha. Yeah, I REALLY liked  it.  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 18, 2007, 11:30:58 pm »
So Kerry, what did you think of chapter 1? Have you started chapter 2 yet?

When Melissa first told me about SoG, I read the first 7 chapters in one night! haha. Yeah, I REALLY liked  it.  :)

David, I have read glowing reports about "Shades of Grey" and am keen to join in the discussion process. However, I have only read Chapter 1 so far, and am concerned about your warning re spoilers (I don't want any secrets to be given away before I get to them). For that reason, I would prefer to read the full story before commenting further. I hope to be able to do that later tonight and join in the discussion soon thereafter.

Chapter 1 got me good, right from the outset! I love atmospheric writing, where you can smell a scene, as well as read it. And the author of SOG is an atmospheric author par excellence!  The highly charged, underlying sexual tension between Jack and Ennis had me sitting on the edge of my seat, especially when they were face to face, Ennis with his hand 1mm from Jack's "wound"! Please, quick, someone hand me a fan!!!!!

Sparks flying! Can't wait for more!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1107 on: January 19, 2007, 12:03:11 am »
David, I have read glowing reports about "Shades of Grey" and am keen to join in the discussion process. However, I have only read Chapter 1 so far, and am concerned about your warning re spoilers (I don't want any secrets to be given away before I get to them). For that reason, I would prefer to read the full story before commenting further. I hope to be able to do that later tonight and join in the discussion soon thereafter.

Chapter 1 got me good, right from the outset! I love atmospheric writing, where you can smell a scene, as well as read it. And the author of SOG is an atmospheric author par excellence!  The highly charged, underlying sexual tension between Jack and Ennis had me sitting on the edge of my seat, especially when they were face to face, Ennis with his hand 1mm from Jack's "wound"! Please, quick, someone hand me a fan!!!!!

Sparks flying! Can't wait for more!

Well Kerry, I created this thread for the three of us, so we wouldn't discuss anything you haven't read yet!  :)

But if you want to hold off posting until you've read the story, that's fine too!

Just as soon as you are ready, drop a message in here and we'll start talking about it buddy!  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male

mvansand76

« Reply #1109 on: January 19, 2007, 08:16:29 am »
Hey you two! I am quite pleased to see this thread, but why in Anything Goes? Should it not be in Fanfiction? Oh I know, so people who don't read fanfiction will be convinced to go read this too?

Kerry, I hope you will be able to get at least SOME work done today! LOL.