Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599138 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #670 on: November 16, 2006, 05:44:28 am »
Amen to that!!!

Am very excited, and as always on a Thursday filled with a little trepidation about what lies ahead. I just don't want Jack and Ennis to be seperated just yet.

After doing some re-reading I'm starting to have my doubts about Colin. Don't ask me why, he could have betrayed them 100 times over by now if he was that way inclined. I guess I'm seeing betrayal at every corner.

BTW that last Jake pic - OMFG!!!! How am I supposed to concentrate on my work now????  :laugh:
No wonder Ennis is ready to leave his career, his fiancee, his reputation and possibly his life, in the dust...

Karen

I'd expected them to be seperated in the last chapter. I was SO relieved that didn't happen. I wonder if it'll happen in this chapter now....  :(
OMFG ~ Colin?? Jeeeeez, hope you're not right!! Maybe he's waiting for the perfect time to betray them so it won't be too obvious he did it....oh god....but why would he betray them??

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2006, 06:36:35 am »
OMFG ~ Colin?? Jeeeeez, hope you're not right!! Maybe he's waiting for the perfect time to betray them so it won't be too obvious he did it....oh god....but why would he betray them??

I just have vague suspicions. Colin's been nothing but helpful, but the line about Jack seeing the DA before the Marshall made me wonder if he was going to lead them into a trap.

Also, he did give them the tip off about Madrigal knowing where they were, but Madrigal was waiting right outside the exact moment that they left the apartment. Colin also said that he 'leaned' on a clerk at the police station until he confessed that he had supressed the man with the dog's report, and that he (the clerk) had passed the information to Madrigal. I would have thought that anyone's terror of Madrigal would prevent them from confessing something like that so easily. Colin wouldn't have known that the report existed unless he had been told.

Colin can't be seen to be taking any direct action, but he can influence events to Hinestroza and Madrigal's benefit.

However, I could be on completely the wrong tack and I apologise if I have slandered poor old Colin and he is in fact and genuine good guy.

Amy, do you object to us speculating about your story and characters? I'll stop if you do.

Karen

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #672 on: November 16, 2006, 06:57:25 am »
Well Karen, this does make a lot of sense to me. God, how I love all this insightful speculation. Too bad I'm so hopeless at it  ::)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #673 on: November 16, 2006, 07:39:35 am »
Well Karen, this does make a lot of sense to me. God, how I love all this insightful speculation. Too bad I'm so hopeless at it  ::)

Oh - I'm awful at it. That's why I'm invariably wrong. I probably am on this occasion too.

Can't wait till this afternoon. Amy usually posts about 4:30pm UK time, which means I can print it off to read on my journey home.

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #674 on: November 16, 2006, 07:58:53 am »
Oh, that's interesting about Colin!

But....I dunno....

The dogman went to the FBI and said he'd filed a report there, and when Ennis said he had checked and there was no report, Colin followed it up.

The clerk to me sounds a bit of a lame-ass tosser really.  Easy money just for chucking away a bit of paper.  But he was nervous when Ennis phoned, so probably was ripe for coughing up the truth when Colin got onto him as well.  Maybe the clerk wasn't terrified of Madrigal, just thought it was a bit of easy money.

Also,  why didn't Colin tell Madrigal right at the start where Jack and Ennis were, instead of leaving it for several weeks.  Madrigal had no need to go looking at precinct records if Colin is in with them.

If Colin isn't so good as he has been painted so far then....1. Ennis and Jack aren't as safe as Ennis thinks and 2. How is Colin going to lead Madrigal to them without suspicion falling on himself since he is the only other person who knows where they are.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #675 on: November 16, 2006, 08:02:44 am »
Told you I was invariably wrong.

My shakey theory taken apart, and very eloquently too.  :)

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #676 on: November 16, 2006, 08:11:02 am »
Told you I was invariably wrong.

My shakey theory taken apart, and very eloquently too.  :)

Karen

Aw god I'm sorry.  :( 

I just get carried away and my analytical/problem solving side just kicks in and sets to work.

:-*

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #677 on: November 16, 2006, 08:15:23 am »
Aw god I'm sorry.  :( 

I just get carried away and my analytical/problem solving side just kicks in and sets to work.

:-*

Oh please - don't apologise.  :)

Isn't half the fun of being fan fic addicts swapping theories and analysing plotlines? My mind goes off on flights of fancy, and not usually well analysed ones. I'm never right, but what the hey  ;D

Let's all sit in a circle holding hands summoning the next chapter.

Karen

one_of_one

« Reply #678 on: November 16, 2006, 08:19:31 am »

Isn't half the fun of being fan fic addicts swapping theories and analysing plotlines? My mind goes off on flights of fancy, and not usually well analysed ones. I'm never right, but what the hey  ;D

Oh yeah absolutely.  I still have my fantasy that these guys will end up on a ranch in Wyoming...but since Amy keeps saying they'll be together but it won't be a happy ever after type ending I fear I am seriously delusional on this point!

;D

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #679 on: November 16, 2006, 08:24:27 am »
Oh yeah absolutely.  I still have my fantasy that these guys will end up on a ranch in Wyoming...but since Amy keeps saying they'll be together but it won't be a happy ever after type ending I fear I am seriously delusional on this point!

;D

Damn! I'd hoped for the ranch ending too. They could be fairly anonymous out in the wilds somewhere.

Oh dear - I hope it won't be one of those, have-to-let-each-other-go-to-save-each-other type endings. Or redeemed-character-has-to-still-pay-for-past-misdeeds ending.

You know though, Amy is an incedible writer and this is going to be an wonderful journey whatever the outcome.

Karen