Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599247 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #750 on: November 22, 2006, 01:12:56 pm »
Oh, and on the phone call issue...generally recorded calls are very hard to admit into evidence b/c of the hearsay rules.  But you guys are definitely hitting on something....

Let's have some wild speculation whilst we wait for an update. 

I think I've never been following any other fic that called out quite as much for speculation as this one does. Other quality fics often carry me along, letting the story unfold in my mind at its own pace and in its own time, and I'm more content with that and less eager to outrun the author....

SoG is something else.  ;D And there have been a few really unexpected plot twists along the way, making me all the more curious and eager to speculate.......

So OK, some wild speculation coming up:

I've been thinking that probably Jack's offer to Hinestroza of a trade between his own life and Ennis's safety would be accepted. Consequently that Jack'd leave Ennis to go hand himself over to Madrigal, and that Ennis would have to figure out where they are and go after them to rescue Jack in the very nick of time. But with Amy's most recent post, I'm thinking maybe not........

So therefore; some alternatives;  :laugh:

Alternative scenario 1:
Hinestroza refuses to talk to Jack on the phone because of security concerns. Jack is unable to make any trade.  Ennis discovers the call made from his phone, and somehow guesses at what it was all about. Is floored,  angry, scared for Jack. Decides the only way to save Jack (and himself) is to take the war to Madrigal (and Hinestroza) instead of running from them...... Somehow figures out where Madrigal is, and goes after him. Manages to nail him. In turn this calamity for the dark side makes Hinestroza leave his safe ground to direct operations against J&E himself in the US. Hinestroza is caught, or killed....... Jack and Ennis go undergound for good - together.

Alternative scenario 2:
Hinestroza hears Jack out on the phone, but makes no commitment. He learns about Jack's love for Ennis through their talk, though. He therefore finds out more about Ennis, and sends Madrigal after Alma to use her to pressure Ennis and Jack. Once more, they have to fight back.......  :o

I realize that whatever else I think happen, I sincerely hope and believe that Madrigal will not be left free to continue his life of horror as before when the fic ends. Madrigal needs to be dealt with in no uncertain terms. He'll probably go down fighting so I can't really see him surviving. I think the fic (and our heroes) didn't really dig all that seriously into the possibility of locating Madrigal when they discussed it previously, the matter was dismissed rather out of hand. However, if locating him becomes the only way out, then I think they might revisit that option and use FBI resources to do so to. And hopefully somehow Hinestroza will not be left free either - but given Jack's ambivalent relationship with him there is a wider field of outcomes for Hinestroza....

~~~

Well, Friday it is. Then we'll know a bit more. It's fun speculating in the meantime!

midwest-girl

« Reply #751 on: November 22, 2006, 02:19:24 pm »
I think I've never been following any other fic that called out quite as much for speculation as this one does. Other quality fics often carry me along, letting the story unfold in my mind at its own pace and in its own time, and I'm more content with that and less eager to outrun the author....

SoG is something else.  ;D And there have been a few really unexpected plot twists along the way, making me all the more curious and eager to speculate.......

So OK, some wild speculation coming up:

I've been thinking that probably Jack's offer to Hinestroza of a trade between his own life and Ennis's safety would be accepted. Consequently that Jack'd leave Ennis to go hand himself over to Madrigal, and that Ennis would have to figure out where they are and go after them to rescue Jack in the very nick of time. But with Amy's most recent post, I'm thinking maybe not........

So therefore; some alternatives;  :laugh:

Alternative scenario 1:
Hinestroza refuses to talk to Jack on the phone because of security concerns. Jack is unable to make any trade.  Ennis discovers the call made from his phone, and somehow guesses at what it was all about. Is floored,  angry, scared for Jack. Decides the only way to save Jack (and himself) is to take the war to Madrigal (and Hinestroza) instead of running from them...... Somehow figures out where Madrigal is, and goes after him. Manages to nail him. In turn this calamity for the dark side makes Hinestroza leave his safe ground to direct operations against J&E himself in the US. Hinestroza is caught, or killed....... Jack and Ennis go undergound for good - together.

Alternative scenario 2:
Hinestroza hears Jack out on the phone, but makes no commitment. He learns about Jack's love for Ennis through their talk, though. He therefore finds out more about Ennis, and sends Madrigal after Alma to use her to pressure Ennis and Jack. Once more, they have to fight back.......  :o

I realize that whatever else I think happen, I sincerely hope and believe that Madrigal will not be left free to continue his life of horror as before when the fic ends. Madrigal needs to be dealt with in no uncertain terms. He'll probably go down fighting so I can't really see him surviving. I think the fic (and our heroes) didn't really dig all that seriously into the possibility of locating Madrigal when they discussed it previously, the matter was dismissed rather out of hand. However, if locating him becomes the only way out, then I think they might revisit that option and use FBI resources to do so to. And hopefully somehow Hinestroza will not be left free either - but given Jack's ambivalent relationship with him there is a wider field of outcomes for Hinestroza....

~~~

Well, Friday it is. Then we'll know a bit more. It's fun speculating in the meantime!

Don't read too much into that recent post of mine.  It was a small little detail I was talking about.....

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #752 on: November 22, 2006, 04:51:29 pm »
Don't read too much into that recent post of mine.  It was a small little detail I was talking about.....

Amy, you should know by now that we SoG addicts are going to over analyse any little morsel that you throw our way  :laugh:

Karen

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #753 on: November 22, 2006, 05:47:04 pm »
What Karen said.  :)

I get very wordy and analytical when I'm really into something. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.

mvansand76

« Reply #754 on: November 22, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »
I get very wordy and analytical when I'm really into something. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.

Oh no, don't Mikaela, it's so much fun to read!  :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #755 on: November 22, 2006, 05:52:25 pm »

Oh no, please don't. I found what you wrote very interesting. I love seeing other people's take on where the plot might be going. And this fic certainly deserves discussion.

And it is something to keep us amused till the next update  ;D

Karen

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #756 on: November 22, 2006, 06:11:10 pm »
Sure enough, it does merit discussion.  :)

Plus, it's difficult to type speculations *and* bite fingernails to the quick at the same time, - and at this juncture in SoG, if I'm not doing the one, I'm nearly bound to be doing the other!   :o   :laugh:

mvansand76

« Reply #757 on: November 22, 2006, 06:14:15 pm »
Plus, it's difficult to type speculations *and* bite fingernails to the quick at the same time, - and at this juncture in SoG, if I'm not doing the one, I'm nearly bound to be doing the other!   :o   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Keep them coming Mikaela!

midwest-girl

« Reply #758 on: November 22, 2006, 07:03:07 pm »

Keep them coming Mikaela!

Yeah, I think your ideas are really good!  Don't stop speculating on my account!   ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #759 on: November 23, 2006, 09:14:45 am »

No! No! Please don't. I'm just catching up on the thread, I've been abroad for a few days and I find all your speculation totally fascinating!