Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599405 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #940 on: December 06, 2006, 11:24:51 pm »
Hey, guys!  Shades will go up at the usual time tomorrow.  I think it's the longest chapter yet.  Not all of your questions about Colin, Alma, etc. will be answered in this chapter, but it will be a good start, I promise!   ;)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #941 on: December 07, 2006, 12:01:56 am »
Yay for longest chapter yet  :D

You know we love you Amy  :-* You spoil us!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #942 on: December 07, 2006, 04:35:53 am »
Hey, guys!  Shades will go up at the usual time tomorrow.  I think it's the longest chapter yet.  Not all of your questions about Colin, Alma, etc. will be answered in this chapter, but it will be a good start, I promise!   ;)

Thanks for letting us know, Amy   :-*

Wish it was around 5 pm already!

mvansand76

« Reply #943 on: December 07, 2006, 07:40:27 am »

Longest chapter yet......? I think Joe Pie is back....

JOEPIE!!!!!!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #944 on: December 07, 2006, 08:03:37 am »
Who is Joe Pie???  ???

It's Thursday and we're getting an extra long chapter - whoop!

Hope it's not totally angst filled though.  :-\

Karen

mvansand76

« Reply #945 on: December 07, 2006, 09:05:51 am »
Who is Joe Pie???  ???

It's Thursday and we're getting an extra long chapter - whoop!

Hope it's not totally angst filled though.  :-\

Karen

Joepie is Yeehaw in Dutch.... ;)

Oh I agree, I hope we will see the first ray of sun shining through the thick, thick clouds...

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #946 on: December 07, 2006, 10:31:49 am »
LOL, Joe Pie...  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #947 on: December 07, 2006, 10:43:59 am »
LOL, Joe Pie...  :D

:laugh:

It looks so totally stupid written like that!  ;D

midwest-girl

« Reply #948 on: December 07, 2006, 12:28:46 pm »
Hey guys, Chapter 16 is up at:  http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/8313.html    ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #949 on: December 07, 2006, 03:37:01 pm »
Amy, thank you for another wonderful chapter. My heart ached for poor Ennis when he found out Jack had moved. Moved on it felt for him, but we, the readers, and hopefully Ennis too, know better. I loved Dane in this chapter, he turns out to be such a good friend. Your new character Jill is great, she is a little like Movie!Jack, full of life and quirky and fun. Hopefully Jack will draw from her energy and even friendship.

Poor Alma, but I am so glad that Ennis was clear with her and I am so proud of him that he was able to play straight with her and tell her what was going on. So Ennis actually said this is not what it looks like, I'll explain later? Phew... Poor, poor Alma... 

It was so clever how you saved some of the time they spent together for these chapters, so while they are apart your readers would be able to hold on to their love by holding on to these small snippets of their time together. When their relationship first started you jumped ahead a few days and then I wondered why you did that, but now I understand. Very clever.