Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599635 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2006, 11:23:58 am »
Who can blame Jack for taking comfort in this while he waited for his Ennis to come along... *sigh*

I agree.....

Wow ~ wasn't this an intense part:

Dane grinned. “I think you misunderstood me. As it happens, Jack and I discovered we were good at more than talking. In Leavenworth and afterwards, too.” Dane wagged a finger in Ennis’s direction, a teacher chastising the errant schoolboy. “But that’s as much detail as you’re getting. I don’t kiss and tell.”

Ennis gritted his teeth, the fiery sting of Dane’s words making him want to reach across the table and smash his fist into that pretty face, bust open those lips that had kissed Jack’s more than once and probably never called it a mistake.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2006, 12:25:55 pm »
*************    SPOILER    *******************

But here Ennis was, having barely spoken five words to Dane Gentry, and already he hated his guts. . . . The man was just what Ennis had expected. Tough, cocky, over-confident. Dane’s demeanor wasn’t a temporary costume the way Jack’s was; this was the real man. His attitude worked well with his handsome face . . . Just being in the same room with Dane, the man who Jack had smiled at with such familiarity, started Ennis’s blood on a slow simmer.   -"Shades of Grey" by midwest_girl/Amy

Okay, am I more on-track now?? cc33

one_of_one

« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2006, 12:41:07 pm »
You know, I justcan't help but feel sorry for Dane....he fell in love with Jack but it wasn't reciprocated :(

mvansand76

« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2006, 12:41:44 pm »
I'm going to whisper...

I don't like men with long hair....not even Christian Bale

:o

*Hides under the table*

midwest-girl

« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2006, 01:17:07 pm »
You know, I justcan't help but feel sorry for Dane....he fell in love with Jack but it wasn't reciprocated :(

I'm surprised how many people really like him, considering he's barely been in the story.  Someone asked me to write a one-shot about him once SoG is over.   :D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2006, 02:28:05 pm »
I'm going to whisper...

I don't like men with long hair....not even Christian Bale

:o

*Hides under the table*

LOL, don't feel bad! Me neither really... I prefer him with short hair...

I thought the same thing... poor guy, it'd be so easy to fall for someone like Jack, and so so hard to find out he doesn't feel the same...

I'd read a one shot about him, Amy! But, then again, I think I'd read anything you write...  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

midwest-girl

« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2006, 03:06:38 pm »
I like hishair long in the first picture, because it's not so out of control.  The second pic it's a little shaggy!   ;)

one_of_one

« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2006, 03:09:35 pm »
I only like him that first pic Amy posted, otherwise I don't think he's particularly good looking.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2006, 04:03:54 pm »
I'm surprised how many people really like him, considering he's barely been in the story.  Someone asked me to write a one-shot about him once SoG is over.   :D

I'd love to read it too  :D

And like Helen said, I really feel sorry for him too. I think I commented once that I felt he really really cared for Jack  :(

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2006, 04:14:23 pm »
I like hishair long in the first picture, because it's not so out of control.  The second pic it's a little shaggy!   ;)

Yeah, despite my long hair thing, I actually really like him in that first picture... I find the cigarette kind of sexy too  ;)

I just watched him in Velvet Goldmine today and couldn't stop thinking about SOG  ::) You may have ruined me for everything else!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73