Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599261 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2006, 12:32:52 pm »
Hi guys.  Chapter 12 is up at http://midwest-girl.livejournal.com/7166.html.  Thanks!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2006, 12:53:37 pm »
**Deep breath**

Oh. My. God.

:'(

You're such a wonderfully good writer Amy, always making your reader feel she's right there in the story. I'm quite shaken.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2006, 01:58:41 pm »
Same here Mikaela. I feel completely wiped out. I can't even talk about the warehouse scene atm. It's too much. I cant even begin to understand what Jack went through.

I just hurt so much for all their pain and guilt and confusion and harsh words and for what will happen to them now.

Their  lovemaking was incredibly beautiful. I cant believe how sad and loving it was. It made me cry. Their tears just did me in.

These were a few of my favourite lines:

“Jack, I—it’s more than this for me,” Ennis said urgently, his lips almost touching Jack’s, desperate for Jack to hear beyond his words. He clutched Jack’s hip tightly, fingers sinking into his skin. “It’s more than just this.”

Jack stopped moving, pulling Ennis’s hand up to his mouth to kiss his knuckles, run his tongue along Ennis’s palm. “I know,” he whispered. The tears that Jack had been fighting back all morning were overflowing now, running down the sides of his face to form uneven pools on the dingy white sheets.

“Aaah, god, Jack,” Ennis exhaled, catching Jack’s tears in his hand. They made love silently except for their low moans, the sounds of their bodies joining together. Ennis thrust steady and strong, wanting to make it good for Jack, wanting him to feel loved. Jack came quietly, a deep trembling sigh, spilling over into Ennis’s hand. Ennis wasn’t far behind, his own tears wetting Jack’s collarbone as he fell forward, his body shaking against Jack’s warm skin.

Oh Amy ~ you are just so so amazing. It blows me away.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2006, 02:33:13 pm »
OH GOD ~ you wouldnt ever let Madrigal get to Jack or Ennis like that, would you Amy??  *cries*

:'(

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:07 pm »
Another difficult but gripping chapter, and Ennis is beginning to let Jack know how he feels. Thought another pic might help us remember what Jack sees in Ennis!

Thanks for more of this great story. I just can't imagine wjere you will go to next :o

mvansand76

« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2006, 04:18:22 pm »
I'm devastated... what an amazing chapter, how is it possible that you outdo yourself in every chapter you write, Amy? The scene in the warehouse was terrifying and nauseating, poor poor poor Jack for living with that guilt for all that time... I think Ennis is starting to realise that he can't pretend anymore that what is happening between them is a one shot thing, and poor Ennis is so scared about what that means. Oh poor them! 

OH GOD ~ you wouldnt ever let Madrigal get to Jack or Ennis like that, would you Amy??  *cries*

There you go again  ::), now you have me worried again;) I sure hope Amy doesn't do that to us. She wouldn't... would she....?

mvansand76

« Reply #566 on: November 09, 2006, 04:44:56 pm »
Ok, this is weird...

Just after I finished chapter 12 I turned on the TV and started watching 'House, MD'. In this episode the guy who got sick and went into a coma was a guy who was going to go into Witness Protection Program, the FBI was babysitting him. Not only did he also have a tattoo of a snake (not on his back, but on his ankle), but he also had a previous injury from a tire-iron (!). Honestly. 

:o

He was not as cute as Jack, though... ;)

Oh, and he turns out to be gay....

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:16:31 pm by mvansand76 »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2006, 05:37:33 pm »
Here's another reminder of what Jack sees in Ennis:

"Jack wandered over to the bookshelves, drawn by a single photograph. It was in a silver frame, the photograph itself faded with age, one corner marred by a bend in the paper. It showed three children, two boys and a girl, and a woman, strands of blonde hair blowing across her laughing face. She had a slight gap between her front teeth and Jack smiled when he saw it, that lone imperfection making her more beautiful somehow. They were all sitting on a porch swing, Ennis in his mother’s lap, Junie next to them, her head resting on her mother’s shoulder. And K.E. on the opposite end, looking bored and sulky. Ennis had two scabbed over knees, his hair a mass of golden curls. He was leaning back against his mother’s chest, covering the hand she had around his belly with his own. Jack guessed he was about six, right on the cusp of being too old for his mother’s lap, maybe the last summer he could sit there without risking ridicule. . . .

. . . “That’s my mom,” Ennis said over Jack’s shoulder, his pointing finger stopping just short of touching her face.

“I figured. She was beautiful.” Jack turned to Ennis. “You look like her.”

Ennis flashed him a sad smile, full of longing. “She had the nicest voice. Low for a woman, smooth. I don’t know how she managed it with three kids, but she never yelled.”

Jack put the photograph back on the shelf, careful with it, setting it down gently. And then he walked Ennis slowly backwards, into the wall, easing his mouth down, fingers threading through Ennis’s hair.

“Jack,” Ennis breathed between kisses, his tongue playing against Jack’s, “we need to go.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I—”

“That’s not a good enough reason,” Jack teased. “I have something in mind.” He rotated his hips forward, smiling when Ennis moaned into his mouth. “Let’s go in your bedroom.” Jack pulled back a little, hands working at the buttons on Ennis’s shirt. “I want to make love with you in your bed. So next time you sleep here, you’ll smell me on your sheets, and remember.”

Ennis’s eyes clouded over, dark night eclipsing the clear brown. “I won’t need the sheets to remember, Jack,” he said quietly. He pushed up Jack’s t-shirt with his hands, thumbs brushing across Jack’s nipples. Jack’s chest muscles tightened, trails of liquid heat streaming down into his belly.

Their mouths came together, not as frantic as the night before, tenderness behind the joining of tongues and lips. Jack moved down Ennis’s throat, back up to blow hot breaths in his ear, laughing softly as Ennis squirmed and groaned.

“You’re always so ticklish right there,” Jack murmured. “Gets you every time.”
  -"Shades of Grey" by midwest_girl/Amy

« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:42:40 pm by coffeecat33 »

one_of_one

« Reply #568 on: November 09, 2006, 05:43:53 pm »
OMG CC - that is one how Ennis/Heath pic!  YUM!!!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #569 on: November 09, 2006, 06:01:52 pm »
Leslie ~ I have always LOVED this one of Heath. Niims has it as her avatar and I absolutely adore it. It's my all time favourite of him. I really think it's brilliant. So thanks so much for posting it. You are now totally forgiven for the car and turtleneck pic  :P

;)

;D