Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599163 times)

mvansand76

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #820 on: November 27, 2006, 08:36:54 am »
*Sigh...*

Oh no..... here we go again.....

I can't stop myself....

IS IT THURSDAY YET?

Oh I have an idea, can we make swap Monday and Thursday? That way, it would be Thursday today! Clever huh?

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #821 on: November 27, 2006, 08:49:20 am »
*Sigh...*

Oh no..... here we go again.....

I can't stop myself....

IS IT THURSDAY YET?

Oh I have an idea, can we make swap Monday and Thursday? That way, it would be Thursday today! Clever huh?

Heh ~ *very* clever Mel!!  ;D Wishful thinking!  :D  God, I don't allow myself to think about Shades yet on Monday or I'd go insane, I think!!  ::)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #822 on: November 27, 2006, 09:13:27 am »
Forget the sighs, I'm adding a

*THUD*

;D  ;D

mvansand76

« Reply #823 on: November 27, 2006, 09:15:21 am »
I've made a to-do list of things to find out in the next chapter(s)... please feel free to add if you think of anything...;)

* The deal E made with H. We want to find out exactly what it is H promised E. And what E promised H.
* Will J make it out of the hospital alive (well, OK, we kind of know that one)
* Is E ready for that life with J?
* Is J ready to believe in his own happiness and a life with E?
* Will E tell C what is going on between him and J?
* How will C react?
* Will C prove to be the friend that E thought he had or will he have to be the FBI agent?
* Will the FBI believe his story?
* E will have to tell A about J
* How will A react?
* We know that D will be back too. What will be D's role?
* How will he react when he finds out about J and E?

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #824 on: November 27, 2006, 09:26:44 am »
We're wishing our lives away here. The last chapter was so fantastic though, it's natural for us to be breathlessly awaiting the next one.

SPOILER

OK, now that I've read it a few times and my thicko brain has absorbed all the details I'm curious as to why Ennis did not tell Colin and other law enforcement types that Hinestroza was there. It seems that he escaped in Madrigal's car. Surely Ennis wants him caught and stopped.

I also liked the lines of symmetry here. Jack, not Ennis, disposes of Madrigal, his nemesis for many years. However, I think that Ennis will end up making the final confrontation with Hinestroza. A kind of showdown. There has been more than one comparison to each of their relationships with Jack. How they have each tried to control Jack's actions (Ennis comparing himself to Hinestroza on occasion). I see it somewhat like higher powers fighting for the soul of a mortal - will good or evil triumph?

I'm not sure that I've made much sense here, but I hope y'all get the gist of my meaning. And of course there is the Dane/Alma angle too (can't make my little brain speculate about what they might do). I'd like to think that utlimately Dane would help Jack because of their friendship, and because he would understand how it feels to fall for Jack. As for Alma - I dunno.

Of course... I could be wrong... it's not like I haven't been before  :laugh: Repeatedly  :laugh:

Karen

P.S. Amy - I guess it's too late in the story to work in that donkey getaway?

mvansand76

« Reply #825 on: November 27, 2006, 09:50:58 am »
SPOILER

OK, now that I've read it a few times and my thicko brain has absorbed all the details I'm curious as to why Ennis did not tell Colin and other law enforcement types that Hinestroza was there. It seems that he escaped in Madrigal's car. Surely Ennis wants him caught and stopped.

Ennis has two reasons for letting H. go. If the FBI catches H. then he will be put on trial and 1. Jack will have to testify and go into WPP (which is unsafe and would make it impossible for them to have a life together) and 2. Jack will still be in danger, even though H. is behind bars, because he would still be able to order Jack's death.

mvansand76

« Reply #826 on: November 27, 2006, 09:53:14 am »
BTW- (sorry to side-track and go slightly OT while remaining in the realms of police and maffia) has anybody seen The Departed?

one_of_one

« Reply #827 on: November 27, 2006, 09:55:04 am »
Ennis has two reasons for letting H. go. If the FBI catches H. then he will be put on trial and 1. Jack will have to testify and go into WPP (which is unsafe and would make it impossible for them to have a life together) and 2. Jack will still be in danger, even though H. is behind bars, because he would still be able to order Jack's death.

*nods*

Ennis made a deal with Hinestroza  I think.  In letting him go, Ennis was ensuring Jack's safety in the future.  If jack had tesitified, like Mel said, the whole WP thing comes into play and that would mean Jack disappearing from Ennis's life and also that Jack would forever be looking over his shoulder.

I think the deal was that they let H go and H lets Jack go.  And they are quits. 

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #828 on: November 27, 2006, 10:02:35 am »
Ahh...

Ahhhh...

Ahhhhhh...

I see.

I never thought of that angle. Makes perfect sense.

Thank you.

Karen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #829 on: November 27, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »

*nods*

Ennis made a deal with Hinestroza  I think.  In letting him go, Ennis was ensuring Jack's safety in the future.  If jack had tesitified, like Mel said, the whole WP thing comes into play and that would mean Jack disappearing from Ennis's life and also that Jack would forever be looking over his shoulder.

I think the deal was that they let H go and H lets Jack go.  And they are quits. 

You girls are geniuses... I also never thought of that. Intriguing....  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73