Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599082 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #930 on: December 05, 2006, 07:06:49 pm »
I just keep remembering the odd snippets of Jack's past life, the aimless driving around, the looking into other peoples' lives from outside, his conflicting emotions towards the man who manipulated him, his lack of hope with regards to himself and Ennis.

I think that Jack needs Ennis's support, and Ennis sorting out his own issues will put him in a better position to be able to do this.  Jack has psychological problems and whereas using Ennis as a crutch won't help, having Ennis as a support mechanism will.

I've said before that Ennis can tell Jack a million times that he is a good person, but it won't make Jack believe it.  But I think that having Ennis in his life - a sorted Ennis - to be there for him when he needs it, will provide a strong foundation for Jack to start believing in himself.

Jack believes he failed by not dying. They have a long way to go whatever happens.

agreeing with you on all points.
 :)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #931 on: December 06, 2006, 09:02:00 am »
From the musical Les Miserables....

ONE MORE DAY, ONE DAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #932 on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:29 am »
Oh I know!!!!

A day and a half here - but still.

It's funny, I want Jack and Ennis back together, but I don't want this story to end. I hope if we do get a happy ending (pretty please) that we get at least one chapter of post unification. Just to se how they are living.

Sorry - getting a bit ahead of myself here.

I think that the next chapter is going to involve a lot of introspective soul searching by both our guys. They may not even meet at all.  :'(

Karen

mvansand76

« Reply #933 on: December 06, 2006, 09:40:09 am »
Oh I know!!!!

A day and a half here - but still.

It's funny, I want Jack and Ennis back together, but I don't want this story to end. I hope if we do get a happy ending (pretty please) that we get at least one chapter of post unification. Just to se how they are living.

Sorry - getting a bit ahead of myself here.

I think that the next chapter is going to involve a lot of introspective soul searching by both our guys. They may not even meet at all.  :'(

Karen

I think so too. I think it's going to be Ennis talking to Colin and Alma.

I've been wondering about this, what do you think Ennis told Alma when she caught them?

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #934 on: December 06, 2006, 10:21:37 am »
I think so too. I think it's going to be Ennis talking to Colin and Alma.

I've been wondering about this, what do you think Ennis told Alma when she caught them?

I can't even begin to imagine. I mean you catch your other half snogging someone else - there is only one explanation really.

Unless he spun her a tale about being deep, deep undercover. Would she believe that?

Karen

mvansand76

« Reply #935 on: December 06, 2006, 10:32:44 am »
I can't even begin to imagine. I mean you catch your other half snogging someone else - there is only one explanation really.

Unless he spun her a tale about being deep, deep undercover. Would she believe that?

Karen

I don't think she is like Story/Film!Alma, so I don't think she would believe that, I mean that is really deep, deep undercover isn't it?  ;) And Ennis said that he didn't tell her anything that she believed. I don't think he isn't going to dodge the difficult questions from her anymore though. If she even wants to talk to him anymore.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #936 on: December 06, 2006, 10:43:17 am »

Karen

I am REALLY looking forward to the next chapter, especially to see how Jack's doing now *sigh*

I don't think she'd ever believe that, no way.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #937 on: December 06, 2006, 09:51:03 pm »
Can tomorrow be RIGHT NOW please???  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #938 on: December 06, 2006, 10:03:51 pm »
Can tomorrow be RIGHT NOW please???  ::)

LOL, Mandy! It is for me!  ;D

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #939 on: December 06, 2006, 11:06:45 pm »
LOL that's true June  ;D

I guess what I should say is, please post Shades RIGHT NOW! Because I'll be at work when it's posted tomorrow *stomps foot angrily*  :P
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73