Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599286 times)

midwest-girl

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1040 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:36 pm »
Okay, guys, I'm going to go ahead and tell you the story will be ending next week.  I didn't give people a heads up when IIA ended and some people were floored.  In retrospect, I think I ended that story too soon, but I didn't feel like I had much choice since I could only exlpore Jack's pov.  I know some of you are going to be upset that you won't get to see more of what becomes of SoG Jack and Ennis once they find each other again, but to me, that feels like a new story.  I'm not making any promises at this point, but if I can think of a decent plot I may write a sequel to SoG....we'll see....   :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1041 on: December 14, 2006, 04:10:52 pm »
Well, we sure did enjoy it Amy! Thanks for writing it!  :D

I'll be looking forward to next Thursday, albeit with a little sadness in my heart.

I really will miss SoG!!

It's a brilliant story.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1042 on: December 14, 2006, 04:16:47 pm »
Okay, guys, I'm going to go ahead and tell you the story will be ending next week.  I didn't give people a heads up when IIA ended and some people were floored.  In retrospect, I think I ended that story too soon, but I didn't feel like I had much choice since I could only exlpore Jack's pov.  I know some of you are going to be upset that you won't get to see more of what becomes of SoG Jack and Ennis once they find each other again, but to me, that feels like a new story.  I'm not making any promises at this point, but if I can think of a decent plot I may write a sequel to SoG....we'll see....   :-*

I am actually trying to hold back tears now!  :'(

Do you have other stories planned?

midwest-girl

« Reply #1043 on: December 14, 2006, 05:56:23 pm »
I don't have any other stories planned right now.  I will see if anything pops into my head or if a Shades sequel seems like it wants to be written....

mvansand76

« Reply #1044 on: December 14, 2006, 06:08:11 pm »
I don't have any other stories planned right now.  I will see if anything pops into my head or if a Shades sequel seems like it wants to be written....

Well, I think you will have enough followers for whatever you will write. You are an amazing writer. I can't believe I almost didn't start to read SOG, because honestly, I thought the idea of Jack as a criminal and Ennis as a cop was crazy! But you did it, Amy, and I applaud you for that!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #1045 on: December 14, 2006, 06:11:39 pm »
So..... that means definitely no If I Asked sequel?  :-\  I've been secretely hoping for that, even more so after "Force of Nature" proved how compelling a post-movin'-in-with-each-other fic could really be. (Something I had secretly doubted  :o ) I could see some riveting possibilities for IIA J&E down the road of a few years..... For instance, what happens as the kids get a little older? Even some scary plot development possibilities if/when the local tire iron wielders eventually get a whiff of our heroes. How would your Ennis develop in the face of something like that? SoG certainly proved you'd be able to write that kind of scenario too........  :o

Anyway, you have to go where your interests and ideas take you, of course.  :)
But I so do hope you'll continue writing BBM fics. The fandom wouldn't be the same without your amazing writer's talent and true passion for and understanding of J&E.   :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1046 on: December 14, 2006, 06:16:14 pm »

It wants to be written.

Well...... I want it to be written.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1047 on: December 14, 2006, 06:43:16 pm »
It wants to be written.

Well...... I want it to be written.  :)

LOL I second that...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1048 on: December 14, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »
OK Amy, what this means is that i will hold off reading this weeks chapter until after NEXT Thursday...lol. Why?? I will need something to defocus from my impending marriage, with the wrong address given for the church and no cake ordered yet and no clothes for my groomsmen except for the shirts I bought in Cheyenne...and..and...

Jack
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

midwest-girl

« Reply #1049 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:48 pm »
OMG, Jack!  You're getting married?  When, where, who?  I want all the details!  LOL.   ;)