Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599244 times)

midwest-girl

Re: "Shades of Grey" Discussion Thread **Spoilers**
« Reply #1150 on: January 21, 2007, 05:53:16 pm »
Leslie, it's fine with me whatever you all decide to do about the threads.   ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1151 on: January 21, 2007, 06:46:12 pm »
Note from the moderator (again)...

I merged the two threads for the Shades of Grey discussion, in the interest of tidiness and minimizing confusion. If anyone has a question, shoot me a PM. Thanks, all!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Leslie
Moderator, Fanfic
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 22, 2007, 07:27:52 am »
Kerry, I do have an original novel done and I'm working on a re-write of it now.  But I still have to go through the grueling process of trying to find an agent.  I'm also toying w/ the idea of cleaning up SoG, changing names, fleshing it out, etc. and seeing if I can get it published.  I'll keep you posted.  But thanks for your kind words!

Please do keep your fans posted about this, Amy. As I was reading Shades of Grey, I kept thinking what a great novel it would make, with changed names (personally, I am loving it with Jack and Ennis, but I am thinking of a wider audience for your product). And I think it would make a wonderful film. Imaging this - change the names of the lead characters in the script,  but get Jake & Heath to play the lead roles in the movie! Sounds like a sure-fire hit to me!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #1153 on: January 22, 2007, 08:09:51 am »
Kerry, I do have an original novel done and I'm working on a re-write of it now.  But I still have to go through the grueling process of trying to find an agent.  I'm also toying w/ the idea of cleaning up SoG, changing names, fleshing it out, etc. and seeing if I can get it published.  I'll keep you posted.  But thanks for your kind words!

Oh Amy, more exciting news! Keep us posted about your progress if you have the time!

mvansand76

« Reply #1154 on: January 22, 2007, 08:14:59 am »
Wow, coffeecat!  You found the perfect pic!  That's exactly how I saw Amy's bad boy Jack.  ANd I still think Shades is the best BBM AU ever written.  If anybody deserves to be published, it's Amy.  I can see her writing something like the Cold Case episode Forever Blue. 

Oh I heard about that episode, it's supposed to be good, right? I have downloaded it, because here in Holland we are only in the second season I think...

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1155 on: January 22, 2007, 08:28:02 am »
Oh I heard about that episode, it's supposed to be good, right? I have downloaded it, because here in Holland we are only in the second season I think...

I have never watched Cold Case, Mel, cause I really haven't been watching much tv in the past year or so. Is it any good? And is it still on Dutch tv? I know a few authors have done one shots on this episode but I haven't read them cause I have no idea of the pairing and their connection to each other.

one_of_one

« Reply #1156 on: January 22, 2007, 09:10:13 am »
I watched "the kiss" on youtube and was like...right, okay. 

I think it shows how different European and American cultures are because show that in the UK and hardly anyone would think anything about it far less think to comment on it, so for it to get so much attention in America really highlights the differences.  (Of course I don't really know how much attention it's got but if people are sufficiently excited and motivated to write slash about it then I guess it's something out of the ordinary.  If UK slash writers wrote all the various pairings that are on TV they'd have no time for anything else; Torchwood would keep them busy for years for a start!)

I don't watch TV and even I can think of three primetime TV programmes that have had gay kissing in the last year or so, and I would imagine there's been more than that.  And the Archers (radio soap) just had a gay wedding.

And I know I'm really straying off topic here but I read an article the other day about the demise of the only gay publishing house in the UK.  There is increasingly less need for separatism because so many mainstream publishers take on gay-themed novels, and few readers think anything much of it.

mvansand76

« Reply #1157 on: January 22, 2007, 09:16:30 am »
I have never watched Cold Case, Mel, cause I really haven't been watching much tv in the past year or so. Is it any good? And is it still on Dutch tv? I know a few authors have done one shots on this episode but I haven't read them cause I have no idea of the pairing and their connection to each other.

It's on Net5, on Saturdays, I've watched it a couple of times, just like all the other crime series, such as Bones, Law&Order and the Closer, and then kinda lost interest. I downloaded this episode because it's supposed to be good and an intriguing story, but haven't watched it yet. I don't watch much tv either, especially now that I am writing again. The only TV show that I absolutely ADORE is Grey's anatomy, that's my favorite series to come out of the US in years, even better than ER! Do you watch that?

one_of_one

« Reply #1158 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:44 am »
Here's a nice gay kiss from Torchwood.

I wish I'd watched the series now!  LOL

one_of_one

« Reply #1159 on: January 22, 2007, 09:42:50 am »
Cold Case clip