Author Topic: Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars  (Read 29803 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:09:29 pm »
James Franco, who seems somehow Brokieish without being directly Brokieish, and Anne Hathaway, about as Brokieish as you can get, make an offbeat hosting pair.

Franco, Hathaway to Host Oscar® Show

Beverly Hills, CA (November 29, 2010) – James Franco and Anne Hathaway will serve as co-hosts of the 83rd Academy Awards®, Oscar telecast producers Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer announced today. Both have previously appeared on the telecast but not in hosting capacities.

"James Franco and Anne Hathaway personify the next generation of Hollywood icons— fresh, exciting and multi-talented. We hope to create an Oscar broadcast that will both showcase their incredible talents and entertain the world on February 27," said Cohen and Mischer. "We are completely thrilled that James and Anne will be joining forces with our brilliant creative team to do just that."

Franco, who currently can be seen in "127 Hours," will be making his second appearance on an Oscar telecast. His other film credits include "Eat, Pray, Love," "Date Night," "Milk" and "Pineapple Express." Franco is also known for his portrayals of Harry Osborn in the "Spider-Man" trilogy.

Hathaway will be making her fifth appearance on an Academy Awards telecast. She was recently seen in "Alice in Wonderland" and currently can be seen in "Love and Other Drugs." Hathaway's other film credits include "Bride Wars," "Becoming Jane," "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Princess Diaries." She was nominated for an Oscar in 2008 for her lead performance in "Rachel Getting Married."

Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2010 will be presented on Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Anne Hathaway, James Franco to host Oscars
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:31:48 pm »
Well, it does say "include," but ya think they left something out of Anne's "film credits"?  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:39:12 pm »
Well, it does say "include," but ya think they left something out of Anne's "film credits"?  >:(

I was thinking the exact same thing, Jeff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

Good catch. I suppose they're thinking that she starred, rather than costarred, in the ones they listed, except for AiW, which was recent. But "Bride Wars"? That wouldn't be the film I'd want myself remembered for, if I were Anne.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 03:35:28 pm »
Anne is really getting a run for her money at hosting shows. She's going to co-host the Nobel Peace Prize Gala Concert in Oslo too, in a couple of weeks' time.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
Anne is really getting a run for her money at hosting shows. She's going to co-host the Nobel Peace Prize Gala Concert in Oslo too, in a couple of weeks' time.

Wow!  :o  That's impressive!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 06:11:02 pm »
It's really James Franco's year! Good for him, I think he's a wonderful human being.  I mean for an actor, lol!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!

8)
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gKYFZyvehE&feature[/youtube]

(By the way, P.S. 22 is just a few blocks from Maggie G's and Michelle W's in the Boerum Hill neighborhood. Coincidence?)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:33 am »

They clean up nice, those two.

;D