Author Topic: Questions regarding call sheet  (Read 4489 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Questions regarding call sheet
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:02:08 pm »
I can´t believe I´ve completely missed the call sheet that the people behind the finding brokeback website found inside the "Lonesome Cabin". I´ve visited that website a hundred times but didn´t "discover" it until this Friday...
I´ve made print-outs and have had a very exciting time reading them.

I´m sure this have been discussed at some other time (since obviously I´m way behind on this) but does anyone know if Jake´s alter ego "Teddy Daniel" refers to anything or anyone in particular?

Heath´s name Keith "Fletch" Fletcher is hilarious  

And then there is one sentence I can´t quite wrap my head around.

"No forced calls or meal penalties without prior approval of production manager"

Huh? What does that mean exactly? What the heck is "meal penalties"?

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Questions regarding call sheet
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:16:28 pm »
Not sure what this is all about, but as a former trade unionist, I can tell you that meal penalties are paid when proper time allowance cannot be given to have a meal or if one works overtime more than a certain amount and has to be paid for meals.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:22:26 pm »
Not sure what this is all about, but as a former trade unionist, I can tell you that meal penalties are paid when proper time allowance cannot be given to have a meal or if one works overtime more than a certain amount and has to be paid for meals.
ah, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:30:38 pm »
Can you give a link to this, if it is what I am thinking of, I think it might be something found in the 2007 Pilgrimage.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »
Can you give a link to this, if it is what I am thinking of, I think it might be something found in the 2007 Pilgrimage.

It doesn´t work to link it directly. But go here:
http://www.findingbrokeback.com/New_Maps/Region_3_Frame.html

Then go to Lonesome Ranch in the Claresholm area and then scroll down to see the pictures and then click on the picture of the slip of paper on the floor

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:20:50 pm »
Do you mean scrolling down at the left side of the screen?

I have three different pictures of the Lonesome RAnch there, none of them picturing a slip of paper on the floor.  ???

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:24:11 pm »
Ooops, sorry. I must have clicked something different, I found it now!   :D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 10:04:12 pm »

Yes, I remember it, I never saw it while in Alberta, but goaboydc and nova found that when they visited there, and that wall paper, there was a tiny cracked off piece that had flaked off the wall. It was brought to the bon file the last night and offered in sacrifice, I held it in my hand.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 03:20:59 pm »
I can´t believe I´ve completely missed the call sheet that the people behind the finding brokeback website found inside the "Lonesome Cabin". I´ve visited that website a hundred times but didn´t "discover" it until this Friday...

I´m sure this have been discussed at some other time (since obviously I´m way behind on this) but does anyone know if Jake´s alter ego "Teddy Daniel" refers to anything or anyone in particular?

"No forced calls or meal penalties without prior approval of production manager"

Huh? What does that mean exactly? What the heck is "meal penalties"?

Buffymon, could you kindly explain what it was that was found in the Lonesome Ranch? Was it just the call sheet for one particular day or was it more than that? And what was the date or perhaps dates? Thanks.

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:49 pm »

Huh? What does that mean exactly? What the heck is "meal penaltie

Buffymon, people have wondered in the past about these name changes on the call sheets but I've never come across a definitive answer. Heath, for instance, starts off as being identified as Heath Ledger for the first few days of filming before switching over to Keith"Fletch" Fletcher but Michelle Williams is identified as Michelle Williams throughout. But then Anne Hathaway is Anne Hathaway only for the first day of filming before switching over to "Lucy Burnett."  Some have suggested it was a ruse to throw off the paps. but I seriously doubt if that would work. Maybe it was a game which some enjoyed playing but others did not.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:21:31 pm by chowhound »