Author Topic: Michelle Williams interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Michelle Williams interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:54 pm »
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=2&t=3&islist=true&id=13&d=04-14-2011

This is one of the more difficult interviews I have heard Terry Gross do, I really felt uncomfortable in some places.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Michelle Williams interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:35:24 am »
This is one of the more difficult interviews I have heard Terry Gross do, I really felt uncomfortable in some places.

Michelle about not wanting any more to become an actress than any other 13 year old, saying the difference was that she had the opportunity, that her mother packed her in the mini-van and drove her to auditions for more than two years without Michelle ever getting any job, not even a commercial.

Terry: "I don't think I could take that kind of rejection, especially when I was that young."

Michelle: "I think that's the most dangerous part of it, why it's something I wouldn't want for my own daughter, family or friends, because it really leaves its mark on you."

T: "How did you learn to live with the paparazzi, with that kind of tabloids?"

M:"I haven't.

(Pause)

M:"I'm thinking about how to explain that, but I guess that's the complete answer: I haven't."