Author Topic: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - And What Came After  (Read 316448 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - Will You Be Watching?
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2011, 12:41:24 am »
Best screen treatment of the topic ever. Keith Michell is the definitive screen Henry VIII.

Oh, and I'd put Richard Burton in "Anne of the Thousand Days" in a very close second.  One of the sexiest, manliest, dreamiest Englishmen ever, and to see him angry and lustful and screaming and vengeful and murderous, even while wearing tights almost all the while...  Yummy.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2011, 02:30:39 am »

Royal Wedding: £1 wiggly worm spotted in Prince William and Kate Middleton's official wedding photo

A £1 'wiggly worm' toy which made an unplanned appearance in the official royal wedding photographs was bought by Prince Harry to keep the younger bridesmaids happy, the Duchess of Cornwall has revealed.

The bright pink toy is seen clutched in the hand of Camilla's granddaughter, three-year-old Eliza Lopes, in the photographs.

Camilla said: "That was the funniest thing. I can't believe no one has spotted it."

She said Eliza had appeared scared by the noise from the jubilant crowds during the carriage ride from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace.

Prince Harry, travelling in the same carriage as Eliza, seven-year-old Lady Louise Windsor and eight-year-old page boy Tom Pettifer, had bought the toy in anticipation of Eliza's reaction and pulled it out of his pocket to keep her happy.

Speaking at an event for the Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust, in Calne, she said: "I was so worried about Eliza. She is such a lovely little thing and looked so gorgeous in her dress but it was a very big occasion for a child of her age.

"Harry pulled this wiggly worm out of his pocket in the carriage to keep them amused. Eliza loved it so much that she wouldn't let go and it even made the official photographs.

Source
(Thanks Celeste)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2011, 04:20:25 am »
I saw this today.. very cute! And thoughtful of harry!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2011, 09:38:44 am »
Oh, and I'd put Richard Burton in "Anne of the Thousand Days" in a very close second.  One of the sexiest, manliest, dreamiest Englishmen ever, and to see him angry and lustful and screaming and vengeful and murderous, even while wearing tights almost all the while...  Yummy.

That was a very sexy period -- or "lusty", as they would have said then.  Though I expect Burton was a lot more sexy than Henry VIII in real life.   ;)

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2011, 12:42:09 pm »
I would agree with you there, Marge.  It would certainly take one heck of a man -- monarch or not -- to outdo Mr. Burton in terms of "lusty".
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline oilgun

« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2011, 10:51:58 am »
I don't know if these photos are from the wedding but they are pretty funny. It sure looks like Phillip is letting one go. That Harry is so adorable!

The Royal Fart?

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It DOES!  Look at the queen's reaction!!

I don't know if these photos are from the wedding but they are pretty funny. It sure looks like Phillip is letting one go. That Harry is so adorable!

The Royal Fart?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2011, 06:56:49 pm »
I just heard on the NBC news that you, too, can own Princess Beatrix's hat/fascinator. It's being sold on eBay, with the proceeds to benefit UNICEF.

They didn't say whether the rest of the outfit goes with it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:09 pm »
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

At least it's for good causes.  Kelda, did you put your hat (no pun intended) in the ring on the E-Bay bidding?

~~~~

Bids soar for princess's "toilet seat" wedding hat

LONDON (Reuters) – The much-mocked hat worn by Princess Beatrice to Britain's royal wedding last month -- widely described as looking like a "toilet seat" -- is up for sale on eBay where bids have reached 18,400 pounds ($29,940).

The tea rose, silk hat was "the most talked about hat of the whole occasion" Harold Tilman, Chairman of the British Fashion Council, said on eBay.

The fuss over the hat worn to the royal wedding of her cousin Prince William to longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton seems to have taken Beatrice -- who is the daughter of William's uncle Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson -- by surprise too.

"I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted," Beatrice said on the auction site. "I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."

Money raised by the sale of the hat will be equally split between two charities: UNICEF and Children in Crisis.

The hat, by milliner Philip Treacy, was given a starting price of 5,000 pounds and 32 bidders have placed 60 bids in the last six days.

The eBay site has linked the auction to Facebook where members of the public have celebrated the hat design.

Treacy said he was "delighted, flattered and touched by HRH Princess' Beatrice's decision to donate the hat to charity."

The auction continues until May 22.

(Reporting by Gemma Fitchett; Editing by Paul Casciato)

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
hahaha no Mandy.. don;t have that sort of money and I dont like it that much!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/