Author Topic: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - And What Came After  (Read 316458 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - Will You Be Watching?
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »
As I have said they apparently have a good relationship - he has seen past that and loves her as part of the family so why diss her now? On a special day for him, it is what makes him happy not what the public would expect from him/ want him to do.

At the end of the day we don't know the full story - aint nobodys business but theirs...

"Apparently" is the operative word.  For many years Charles and Diana were "apparently" a happy couple.

As for Charles loving Camilla so much...he apparently didn't love her enough to give up the throne for her and was more than willing to cheat on a young woman who DID love him and looked up to him for his own pleasure.  Charles is an A#1 selfish dick and in the end, Diana is out of the way, and he can relax into his happy life and pretend it didn't come at a cost.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 02:58:38 pm »
"Apparently" is the operative word.  For many years Charles and Diana were "apparently" a happy couple.

As for Charles loving Camilla so much...he apparently didn't love her enough to give up the throne for her and was more than willing to cheat on a young woman who DID love him and looked up to him for his own pleasure.  Charles is an A#1 selfish dick and in the end, Diana is out of the way, and he can relax into his happy life and pretend it didn't come at a cost.
I find this comment disgusting and beneath contempt. I could say Diana married for the position as well. There was good and bad in her.
What would you say if I said Ennis was an A#1 selfish d.. for the way he treated Alma. There are plenty of people who think that of gay men who married for social reasons and did not really love their wives.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 03:27:59 pm »

Again, I'd just say, on a special day for him, it is about what makes him happy not what the public would expect from him/ want him to do.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »
I find this comment disgusting and beneath contempt. I could say Diana married for the position as well. There was good and bad in her.

Really?  He was 38 and already deeply in his affair with Camilla - a married woman.  She was a virginal 19 year old.  I'd say Charles outweighed her by a long shot in life experience and Diana was marrying the man she loved.  If she just married him for the position, I daresay she would still be married to him and still alive, because she didn't love the guy in the first place.  The fact that she fell apart emotionally tells me a lot about her feelings about all this.

What would you say if I said Ennis was an A#1 selfish d.. for the way he treated Alma. There are plenty of people who think that of gay men who married for social reasons and did not really love their wives.

:laugh: Nothing, I already think that.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 03:43:59 pm »

I probably will watch it, even though it is on very early in our time zone.  I
watched the wedding of his parents, and remember how beautiful she was, but
I must be the only person in the world that thought that the dress was awful.
It was too too much for her.  It was all wrinkled when she got out of the
car, and it was wearing her.  She wasn't wearing it.  My god it had twenty lbs of
damned ruffles on the neck.  I hated it.  I will probably get lots of boos for this,
but I can take it.  I think Kate being older will make better choices.  Diana was
so young she was herded by her husbands grandmother I think..seems I read
that somewhere....sorry, JMO

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2011, 03:50:52 pm »

car, and it was wearing her.  She wasn't wearing it.  My god it had twenty lbs of
damned ruffles on the neck.  I hated it.  I will probably get lots of boos for this,
but I can take it.  I think Kate being older will make better choices.  Diana was

Naw, I agree.  The dress was way too much.  But think of the venue.  She had to have something sufficiently ... big, shall we say? ... in order not to be upstaged by the decor.  In a cathedral, you need a cathedral train, IMO. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2011, 03:51:48 pm »
MOD NOTE:

Please remember that no personal attacks are allowed on this forum.

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2011, 04:02:01 pm »

I don't like the dress either but then I wasn't even born when they had their wedding so I guess fashion tastes have changed! I don't like most of the old 80's and 90's wedding dresses!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2011, 04:54:39 pm »
My daughter's wedding dress had to be custom made because she is a modest young lady and couldn't find any dresses that weren't strapless or sleeveless. Her dress was long sleeved silk and we also had to modify the pattern so the neckline wouldn't be so deeply plunging.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2011, 05:50:01 pm »
I don't like the dress either but then I wasn't even born when they had their wedding so I guess fashion tastes have changed! I don't like most of the old 80's and 90's wedding dresses!!

You weren't even born then, Kelda?  Good God, why do I feel ancient all of a sudden???
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...