Author Topic: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - And What Came After  (Read 316433 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Royal Wedding of William and Kate - Will You Be Watching?
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 04:01:28 am »
You weren't even born then, Kelda?  Good God, why do I feel ancient all of a sudden???

Well what a wallop that was.....talk about feeling ancient... ::)

:laugh: :laugh: Sorry! I'm the same age as Kate Middelton. I was born in December 81 so 5 months after the wedding!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 04:05:02 am »
The big sleeves really influences dresses after that so I'm told.

My big cousin got married in 93 and had huge puffy sleeves so that trend after Dian lasted at least another 12 years!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 11:58:54 am »
I'm sure the dress was very pretty. I hope to see a picture of it some day.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know what idiot designer came up with the notion of a strapless and sleeveless wedding gown. Especially in virginal white?  ::)

I may be crazy for putting up a photo of the dress my daughter and I made against Diana's and Kate's but there's a mother for you! Here it is!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, 12:17:44 pm »
Royal Wedding Feud: Where to Seat Earl Spencer
April 17, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight.

In the years following the tragic death of Princess Diana, time has yet to heal the emotional wounds inflicted by her untimely passing, and some of those feelings may be interfering with Prince William's nuptials.

According to The Daily Telegraph, concern has risen over where to seat Princess Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, at the wedding, since he and Prince Charles may not be on friendly terms.

A courtier told the British newspaper: "It is a delicate matter because the Prince of Wales, in particular, while he has always been civil to the earl in public, still has ringing in his ears the profoundly painful eulogy that he delivered in the Abbey at the funeral of his sister, Diana, Princess of Wales. The feeling is that the two men should not be made too aware of each other on the day. Charles Spencer is, however, a sensitive man. Let us just say that he has his own ideas, too, about where he should sit. Prince William has, after all, Spencer blood in his veins."

If the Queen has anything to say about it, Hugo Vickers, author of Behind Closed Doors, predicts that the earl will sit in the "fifth or sixth row from the front, behind the members of the royal families from other parts of the world."

See what happens when Prince William and Kate Middleton say "I do" on April 29 at Westminster Abbey. Keep checking back to ETonline for more details.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, 12:53:04 pm »
In the years following the tragic death of Princess Diana, time has yet to heal the emotional wounds inflicted by her untimely passing, and some of those feelings may be interfering with Prince William's nuptials.

Well, this may be the understatement of the day! Those Brits are certainly well known for their understatements!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2011, 05:53:58 pm »
I may be crazy for putting up a photo of the dress my daughter and I made against Diana's and Kate's but there's a mother for you! Here it is!

Very pretty! Looks simple and in good taste.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »
Entertainment Tonight.

According to The Daily Telegraph, concern has risen over where to seat Princess Diana's brother, Earl Spencer, at the wedding, since he and Prince Charles may not be on friendly terms.

A courtier told the British newspaper: "It is a delicate matter because the Prince of Wales, in particular, while he has always been civil to the earl in public, still has ringing in his ears the profoundly painful eulogy that he delivered in the Abbey at the funeral of his sister, Diana, Princess of Wales. The feeling is that the two men should not be made too aware of each other on the day. Charles Spencer is, however, a sensitive man. Let us just say that he has his own ideas, too, about where he should sit. Prince William has, after all, Spencer blood in his veins."

If the Queen has anything to say about it, Hugo Vickers, author of Behind Closed Doors, predicts that the earl will sit in the "fifth or sixth row from the front, behind the members of the royal families from other parts of the world."

See what happens when Prince William and Kate Middleton say "I do" on April 29 at Westminster Abbey. Keep checking back to ETonline for more details.

Family!  Jeez.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2011, 09:57:23 pm »

Entertainment Tonight.

Starts at 1:24.
Real digs at 2:54 and 6:45,
7:21 is one of the harshest,
but 8:03 and etc.--Woah.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUy-wBwBvw[/youtube]
Charles Spencer is something
of a sh!t, but--what a tribute.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2011, 10:52:08 pm »
Thanks for that tape, its been a long time since I heard that speech of Earl Spencer, such a moving and honest speech.

The applause at the end is breathtaking, because it started outside by the public mourners who lined the streets, and then found its way into the church, not a usual occurence for applause at a royal funeral.

The more you read about the royal family, with its snobbery class distinctions, the more you have to wonder what the purpose of it all is, and yet, even though we doubt its necessity, even curse it, its hard not to be inquisitive about it, and want to learn more, and know more about what they are doing.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:58 pm »
Thanks for that tape, its been a long time since I heard that speech of Earl Spencer, such a moving and honest speech.

The applause at the end is breathtaking, because it started outside by the public mourners who lined the streets, and then found its way into the church, not a usual occurence for applause at a royal funeral.

The more you read about the royal family, with its snobbery class distinctions, the more you have to wonder what the purpose of it all is, and yet, even though we doubt its necessity, even curse it, its hard not to be inquisitive about it, and want to learn more, and know more about what they are doing.

Yeah, I remember his eulogy as well.  He was pretty pissed off at the royal family at the time, believing they were responsible for much of Diana's distress which caused her to turn so self-destructive.  Is he still upset?  No doubt.  I don't wonder about the royal family.  As far as I'm concerned, they serve a very useful purpose of historical value.  They're maintaining centuries old traditions.  I think it's wonderful.