Author Topic: The Wretched Lift Their Voices: Anne Hathaway & Hugh Jackman in 'Les Misérables'  (Read 63503 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Very nice!  I can see where we stood along the river when we took our Brokie walk there earlier this year.  8)
;) ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
 FYI, there was  a Leopold, Duke of Albany in 1876 (he was 23 years old at the time)--but unfortunately, he didn't look a thing  like Hugh Jackman!

They part their hair the same way though.  ;D

Kate and Leopold is a guilty pleasure movie favorite of mine.  Can't believe it's been 10 YEARS since it came out!  :P

Someone really needs to give Hugh a decent movie.  He's had a fine film career...except most of his movies stink and don't make much money.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Kate and Leopold is a guilty pleasure movie favorite of mine.  Can't believe it's been 10 YEARS since it came out!  :P

I bought a used DVD of that movie cheap at the drug store quite some time ago--because I remembered thinking Hugh looked awfully good in that uniform in the promos that I'd seen for the film--but somehow I've never gotten around to watching it.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
I would be delighted to have Hugh star in the movie based on my book "Tourmaline."

:)

Those tickets for his show cost $175!!!! HOLY COW!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

• BetterMost Supporter!

Those tickets for his show cost $175!!!! HOLY COW!
That's why he gets the big bucks!  :D :D 8) 8) :laugh:     

"Camping Out"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

FYI, there was  a Leopold, Duke of Albany in 1876 (he was 23 years old at the time)--but unfortunately, he didn't look a thing  like Hugh Jackman!

Also, he didn't marry Meg Ryan--instead:  

He sure didn't look like Hugh. I did not want him to marry Meg Ryan, (cannot remember if he did in the film now or went back to his time perhaps with Meg) nor Deborah Lee Furness.  I wanted him to marry me  ;D , even giving me a big hug along with that smile would have me floating on air for a week.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
He sure didn't look like Hugh. I did not want him to marry Meg Ryan, (cannot remember if he did in the film now or went back to his time perhaps with Meg) nor Deborah Lee Furness.  I wanted him to marry me  ;D , even giving me a big hug along with that smile would have me floating on air for a week.

You know, I have a Hugh Jackman story I got in Australia when I was in Melbourne.  Not a lot of people know (outside of Australia anyway) that Hugh attended college - at least for a time, in Melbourne.  While I was there in 2007 I met one of his one-time classmates; and when i gasped and said "you knew him? what was he like?" and she shrugged and said "He was just some skinny tall guy, didn't notice him at all really.  He wasn't all that."  I was stunned.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I think she was having you on.  All of Hugh's education was at school and university in Sydney. He was school captain of the all boys college.
That aside, a few years ago I attended a reunion of my class of '79. When teaching them I was 35. One ex-student was so stunning (and gay) I could not take my eyes off him and was amazed to find who he was. He was quite uninteresting when I taught him at the age of 16.

• BetterMost Supporter!

FYI, there was  a Leopold, Duke of Albany in 1876 (he was 23 years old at the time)--but unfortunately, he didn't look a thing  like Hugh Jackman!

In 1883, Leopold became a father when his wife gave birth to a daughter, Alice. He died shortly before the birth of his son, Charles Edward.

And here is
Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone
(Hugh Jackman's daughter!  ::) )
aged 93, in 1976.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4hAbHLszw[/youtube]
Don't ask about the brother,
Prince Charles Edward, Duke of Albany .
He became a terrible Nazi, and was disgraced.
See, Meg Ryan, see what you did--
you should have married Hugh after all!

;D

"Camping Out"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
I think she was having you on.  All of Hugh's education was at school and university in Sydney. He was school captain of the all boys college.
That aside, a few years ago I attended a reunion of my class of '79. When teaching them I was 35. One ex-student was so stunning (and gay) I could not take my eyes off him and was amazed to find who he was. He was quite uninteresting when I taught him at the age of 16.

Most everyone at 16 is uninteresting.  :laugh: