Author Topic: Filming Brokeback Mountain  (Read 10760 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Filming Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »
This may sound like a "duh" question, but when I see this pic I never can figure where the stairwell is that Alma sees
the boys kissing in?

TT

I could never figure that either, until I really visited the place. In the movie it's hard to get the layout of the place and the two stairwells.

The first one we see behind the cars, the one Ennis ran down.

The second stairwell where they kissed, is just to the left of the door under the parabol disc. You can see half a window, the left part of the window is hidden behind the wall that also hides the stairwell.

Actually, the wall origianlly was less protruding, so that the stairwell was visible from the angle where the shot is taken.
But for the purpose of giving the actors a little privacy and protect them from the curious public while they were shooting the scene, the film crew built an addition to the existing wall. And after they were finished shooting at that location, they left the wall there.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 07:45:35 pm »
This may sound like a "duh" question, but when I see this pic I never can figure where the stairwell is that Alma sees
the boys kissing in?

Maybe this'll help, Steve.  The poster is on the outside wall to the left.  Ennis looked straight ahead at this stairwell as he came down the steps:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 11:59:41 pm »
Wow! That solves a question I have pondered but never could figure out.
Much Thanks :)
Steve
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 08:58:34 am »
The stairs are right behind the wall where the BM Filming Location sign is posted.