Author Topic: Eerie event #2  (Read 27363 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Eerie event #2
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »
I remember those turntables/consoles from the 1960s. They make a nice piece of furniture because you can set things on them.

I think it was your Mother Del. I really do. I'm convinced I attract ghosts. Strange things are always happening to me. A couple of months ago I was drinking some wine and the bottom of the glass exploded while I was holding it. The same thing happened to my sister. Twice.

The small chandelier in the upstairs hallway sometimes starts gently swinging back and forth on its own. I've seen the chandelier in the foyer do the same thing.

Yesterday I was drinking a cup of coffee in the family room. I got up and left the room for a minute and when I came back, the coffee cup was sitting in the kitchen. Nobody else was home at the time. And I KNOW I didn't carry it out there. It was still half full. I wouldn't have carried a half full cup of coffee into the kitchen.

I could go on and on. But it sounds like maybe your Mother is paying you a visit. I wouldn't be afraid of it. She just wants to make sure you are okay. And I'm sure she isn't there ALL the time. Just for a minute or two from time to time. :)

Yep, sounds like you're a magnet for such things David.  A friend of mine is the same.  We all witnessed a torchiere lamp in his apartment suddenly start rocking back and forth all by itself.  He had bed covers that were up on his bed turned down moments later - and not by him.  Bizarre things.  I think he and you are catalysts of some kind.

I sure hope you're right and her visits are just for a minute or two, because any more would make me very nervous.

My sister suggested I do like the Ghost Hunter guys do and stand in the middle of the room and tell her to "go into the light".  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 09:07:10 pm »
My sister suggested I do like the Ghost Hunter guys do and stand in the middle of the room and tell her to "go into the light".  :laugh:

Or you could call Jennifer Love Hewitt.  ;D

I forgot about the flashlight thing.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 12:37:04 am »
After my husband died, two and half years ago, many things that couldn't be explained happened.

In the first three months, on three occassions, I found my wooden front door, which was locked, wide open, with the catch still on lock.

Lots of other things have happened, not only with me but with other members of my family.

It go so, I looked forward to something else happening, because it was a sign that he was close by.

I found a site on the internet with a forum of other peoples strange phenomenas..
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 03:12:12 am »
Yep, sounds like you're a magnet for such things David.  A friend of mine is the same.  We all witnessed a torchiere lamp in his apartment suddenly start rocking back and forth all by itself.  He had bed covers that were up on his bed turned down moments later - and not by him.  Bizarre things.  I think he and you are catalysts of some kind.

I sure hope you're right and her visits are just for a minute or two, because any more would make me very nervous.

You might want to try that, although I think she's probably already in the light. I think our friends and relatives just like to check up on us from time to time, even though they are already in Heaven. Love never dies. It goes on.

Yeah, that torchiere lamp sounds like some of the stuff that happens here. I'll never forget the night my Grandfather died. An hour after he had passed (I didn't know he had died yet, but later I connected the dots) the crucifix in my bedroom fell off the wall. It had been hanging there for years. I also remember feeling a tap on my shoulder the morning my Grandmother died. I was asleep and I felt a tap or a push on my shoulder. There was a storm outside and just as soon as I woke up I remember wondering if Grandma could hear the thunder too. Just then the phone rang and it was my Uncle Bob calling to tell us Grandma had died.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 03:13:47 am »
After my husband died, two and half years ago, many things that couldn't be explained happened.

In the first three months, on three occassions, I found my wooden front door, which was locked, wide open, with the catch still on lock.

Lots of other things have happened, not only with me but with other members of my family.

It go so, I looked forward to something else happening, because it was a sign that he was close by.

I found a site on the internet with a forum of other peoples strange phenomenas..

{{{{SUE}}}}}

I'm sure it is him!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 10:44:47 am »
My dear father, who was and will forever be, my hero, had a brilliant mind and a wonderful fascination with our world, especially with those subjects that the majority of people spent no time at all thinking about.  When any topic caught his interest, he would spend endless hours turning into years, researching every aspect of that particular subject, with his main joy being that of the supernatural.  He instilled in me from a very young age, all that he garnered from his investigations.  As such, I grew up having absolutely no doubt in my mind about hauntings, and reincarnation, and aliens, among other things.  I believed completely in what he taught me, and am so grateful he instilled in me a natural curiosity and openness towards so many things in this and other worlds.

When he took his last breath in the middle of the night in a darkened hospital room in my arms, I whispered to him that he wasn't really gone, that we both knew that his energy and spirit had just changed forms, and whenever he wanted, he could come back and visit with me and my mom, his wife of 56 years.  I told him to take it easy on mom cause she was a non-believer in such things, but that he could go full throttle if he chose to haunt me.  And I have felt his presence many times since that night.  I know he and mom are up there in Heaven, dancing the jitterbug and playing pinochle, and keeping an eye on their little girl.  And that thought brings me peace.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:40:42 am »
He instilled in me a natural curiosity and openness towards so many things in this and other worlds.

What a wonderful gift he gave you!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 11:35:58 pm »
Strange strange and strange.

Well, it's bedtime here, so I'm off and I'm NOT going to think about this stuff right now.  :P

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 11:55:58 pm »
     Mandy;
         I know he and mom are up there in Heaven, dancing the jitterbug and playing pinochle, and keeping an eye on their little girl.  And that thought brings me peace.
-------------------------------------------------------------

What a lovely way to look at it Mandy.  If gives you so much comfort to know they are around playing tricks, and having a lot of fun, waiting for you to come to them one day....Where you can be all together again...come play some tricks on me, if you beat me over, and I will do the same if i go first.. LOL

Beautiful mind

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 10:24:52 pm »
That does sound eerie.
Cheerio,
PJ