Author Topic: Henrypie!  (Read 2634 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Henrypie!
« on: April 04, 2006, 04:19:46 pm »
O where, o where has our Henrypie gone? I haven't seen her post in a couple of days.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Henrypie!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:25:35 pm »
I've seen her here and there, but it's so much nicer when it's more here than there!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:27:01 pm »
Hi Sparklepie,
I'm here.
I thought I posted once or twice yesterday, but maybe I was just reading.  Trying to take in the various controversies, not sayin' much.

I saw a UPS truck pass my house this morning and got all excited.  It didn't stop for me.  Because it did not stop for me, I kindly stopped for it.  I ran out there, waving a pack of cigarettes and a freshly baked cherry cake, trying to flag down the driver.

Just kidding about the last part.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:17 pm »
Oh hpie, I love Emily Dickinson.

And you.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 05:29:10 pm »
When I read that poem, it makes me flush with embarrassment. I went to a poetry reading competition in my younger days and did that poem. Very dramatic. Very embarrassing.
The carriage held but just ourselves...
dramatic pause
...and immortality.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 08:09:04 pm »

I saw a UPS truck pass my house this morning and got all excited.  It didn't stop for me.  Because it did not stop for me, I kindly stopped for it.  I ran out there, waving a pack of cigarettes and a freshly baked cherry cake, trying to flag down the driver.

Just kidding about the last part.

LOL!  :)  For some reason, the song 'Wells Fargo Wagon' popped into my head...

"Oh ho, the Wells Fargo wagon is-a comin' down the street oh don't let it pass my door...
Oh ho, the Wells Fargo wagon is-a comin' down the street, I wish I knew who it was comin' for!"

Wish I remembered my Organic Chemistry as easily as I do childhood song lyrics. :P