Author Topic: Great YouTube clips  (Read 59822 times)

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Re: Great YouTube clips
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:17 am »
Great video about the LGBTIQ community:
&feature=youtu.be
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 09:19:28 pm »
Great video about the LGBTIQ community:

A charmingly and earnestly done video.  Thank you for posting it.  I am sure all of us LGBTs will enjoy seeing it--I did.
You must be Peter.  Thanks again
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:58 am »
What x-man said, great video!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »
Thanks Cellar Dweller and x-man.  Yes it is a very good video with a great many truths.  I haven't seen the film it refers to - I am scared it will be too sad.
Cheerio,
PJ

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2014, 12:56:46 pm »
So true what Zac says about not judging people on who they love.
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 11:22:16 am »
This is by far the best BBM video I've seen in a very long time.

Extremely well done. Brings it all back again.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 02:33:28 pm »
I must be in a very silly mood, I nearly LMAO at this:

http://slightlyviral.com/two-men-show-how-animals-eat-their-food

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Great YouTube clips--MATT ALBER
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:21 am »

This is "Handsome Man" by Matt Alber, from his album Wind Sand and Stars.

I believe Alber is by far the best gay singer/songwriter around today.  On the basis of this one song I got all his albums from iTunes--and am very glad I did.  This clip if the Official Video, which I suppose, is the reason the whole clip will not appear here.  Believe me, it is well worth accessing just by the link I have provided.  The only gay singer/songwriter who approaches Alber is John Grant (Queen of Denmark), but Grant is so grim and darki.  With him it is always love gone wrong and unhappiness--of course he does it extremely well.  With Alber it is love gone right.  He said in an interview that he was aiming at "lovey-dovey." I suspect Alber's music--like Grant's--will appeal to an older, more thoughtful crowd.

Besides being a fantastic gay singer/songwriter, Alber is a conservatory-trained countertenor, and performs all over the world with choirs and a chamber orchestra.  At the end of this clip, as YouTube often does, it shows a screen filled with little photos of other songs by him.  One of them shows him in a tux, as a soloist with a symphony orchestra performance of Messiah.  This classical training shows in the quality of his voice--and in the sophistication of the orchestration around his gay songs.  I suppose he used his orchestra and friends for the back up.  Also, Allber was invited to give 4 performances at the last Bear Week in Provinance Town.

The video of Handsome Man is so incredibly sweet.  It is Alber with (I suppose) his lover getting up in the morning.  Alber is the one in the light-blue muscle shirt.
Both are bears in their 30's.  The obvious love between the two as they interact is the key to the video and the song.  A  line from the song is "We've both been loved and we've both been kissed" meaning that theyy are both older and have been around.  Yet the lyrics of the song are of young love unrestrained by reality, and point to how the singer feels about his lover.  It reminded me of the dialogue between Anthony and Cleopatra by Shakespeare--the dialogue between them is unreal in that they are too old for it, it is seemingly appropriate more for younger people for whom reality is not so important.  Instead the words--in A&C and Handsome Man show us the depth of the love between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8uocNOr7a
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Great YouTube clips--THE WATER IS WIDE
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 01:32:27 am »
This is Steve Goodman's version of The Water is Wide, an old Appalachian folk song.  The melody is simple, as Appalachian folk songs often are--it is the lyrics that are subtle and profound.

I have listened to many versions of this song, and there seem to be 2 variations.  In the first, sung by women, it tells of her sadness at finding out that her true love has been false to her, then goes on to sing of the futility of expecting him to love her in return.  In the second variation as sung by Goodman and other men, the song begins the same way, but then, by subtle changes in wording, shifts into the recognition that what is at fault is his own inability and capacity to love.  This leads to a dark meditation on the nature of love itself.  This second variation is a far more profound understanding of the matter.

I offer you the link to the second, deeper version here.  If you have the chance, compare it to the versions sung by women you will find on several YouTube offerings.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2015, 04:37:02 pm »
As with many Appalachian folks songs, the tune of The Water is Wide comes from a Scottish song. The tune was originally O Waly, Waly and dates from the 1600s. It appears in some hymnals, including the Presbyterian hymnal, with different lyrics.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.