Author Topic: Longmire  (Read 27158 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Longmire
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 03:03:43 pm »
According to the "Post-its" on his web site, Craig Johnson is going to be in Riverton and Lander for the Fourth of July holiday this year. I wish I was, too.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and his wife are staying at the Mayor Delfelder B&B.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 07:01:57 pm »
Guess who showed up at the Mint Bar today?!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 08:37:26 pm »

Well, it's on "the loop."  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 12:29:43 am »

Very cool! 8)
They're in big foot steps; Mrs. Proulx's and ours. :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 10:10:57 am »
I just read this thread for the first time. Longmire looks pretty good. And I see what you mean about the trailer -- looks like they took a few shots right out of the Brokeback Playbook.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:54 pm »
I just read this thread for the first time. Longmire looks pretty good. And I see what you mean about the trailer -- looks like they took a few shots right out of the Brokeback Playbook.

It's a very good show, and better this season than last season, but the books are better than the show.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 01:40:29 pm »
Last night's episode of the show sure had a couple of surprises. For one thing, it actually ran more than an hour--maybe about an hour and ten minutes--including commercials. I don't know if it was the season-ender or not. It did end with a bit of a cliff-hanger (I don't like season-ender cliffhangers  >:( ), and if we've seen the last of Deputy Branch, I will be very, very sorry because I think Bailey Chase is hawt.

Edit to add:

Well, I guess here's the answer to my question: Last night's episode was the season finale:

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/longmire-2014/episode-10-season-3/ashes-to-ashes/375529

Spoiler Alert:

So Season 2 and Season 3 both ended with Branch getting shot.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:38:35 pm by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:49 am »
Bad news.  :(

I have just read on another forum that Longmire has been cancelled.  :(

So I guess we may never know whether Deputy Branch has been murdered by his own father.  :(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »
Bad news.  :(

I have just read on another forum that Longmire has been cancelled.  :(

So I guess we may never know whether Deputy Branch has been murdered by his own father.  :(

Last time I checked Craig Johnson's web site, Longmire has been picked up for another season--by Netflix!

And the person responsible for canceling the show at A&E is now looking for a new job.  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 04:02:18 am »
Last time I checked Craig Johnson's web site, Longmire has been picked up for another season--by Netflix!

And the person responsible for canceling the show at A&E is now looking for a new job.  ;D

Thanks for the good news, bud! I'm happy to hear it will be continued. :)
So far the first two seasons have been shown here. No news whatsoever about when (if?) the third will be shown.
No DVD of season 2 either. :-\

It aired only in a tiny, pretty unknown station and except for our family I don't know anybody who even heard of it. The same goes for Modern Family. To pay for the rights of a new series and then hiding it in some teenie-tiny side network most people haven't even heard of - that doesn't make sense to me. ???