Author Topic: Hugh Hugh Hugh!  (Read 146209 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Hugh Hugh Hugh!
« Reply #420 on: November 15, 2008, 12:07:38 am »
Have you SEEN Hugh Jackman on the cover of Cowboys and Indians magazine?

OMG!!!  ::)

I was in Borders, walked past the magazine, caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, stopped looked, went on, stopped, turned back, picked it up, flipped through it, found pics like this and much much better

and just bought it.  There is something just so supernatural about his good looks.  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #421 on: November 15, 2008, 02:53:03 pm »
There is something just so supernatural about his good looks.  :-*

You can say that again.  8)

and

phew!  :)

'Australia' opens here on December 17th. I can't wait.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #422 on: November 15, 2008, 06:50:52 pm »
He was on GMA this week. I am not a massive fan, but that changed after the interview. He was utterly charming and witty.Then they showed a clip of him from the film.He is naked from the waist up!!!!

I have never ever seen a body like it.I was gob smacked.It puts Michael Angelo's David to shame.If it is any where on Youtube you have to watch if you are a Hugh fan.

I am not particularly, but that could all change.The man lloks like he has been chiseled out of solid granite.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #423 on: November 15, 2008, 07:21:37 pm »
Welcome to the club, Fiona...

Just a few pics from the archives...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #424 on: November 15, 2008, 11:12:54 pm »
He was on GMA this week. I am not a massive fan, but that changed after the interview. He was utterly charming and witty.Then they showed a clip of him from the film.He is naked from the waist up!!!!

I have never ever seen a body like it.I was gob smacked.It puts Michael Angelo's David to shame.If it is any where on Youtube you have to watch if you are a Hugh fan.

I am not particularly, but that could all change.The man lloks like he has been chiseled out of solid granite.

My goodness where have you been?  He is famous for his body.    ;)

Entertainment magazine even joked with him way back in the X-Men 2 days about his "contractually obligatory" shirtless scenes in each of his movies.  ;D

So yes, he's almost as famous as Matthew McConaughey for his lack of shirt wearing - at least in his movies.  8)

I highly approve.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2008, 08:04:17 am »
from People:

Hugh Jackman: Love Scenes with Nicole 'Like Poetry'

By Jeffrey Slonim

Originally posted Sunday November 16, 2008 11:40 AM EST

When Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman had to get down and dirty for their new film, Australia, their spouses Keith Urban and Deborra-Lee Furness were far from the action ... on purpose!

"My wife is an actor," Jackman, 40, tells PEOPLE. "They both get it. But I don't think they want to be on the set watching the monitor."

Still, filming love scenes with Kidman, 41, "couldn't have been better or easier," he says. "We spoke of setting boundaries."

So did Jackman wear anything for the steamy scenes?

"I won't tell all the nitty gritty," he says coyly. "But [director Baz Luhrmann] treats love scenes like choreography. The camera is like a dancer. If you watch any of his movies, visually, the love scenes are like poetry."

No Worries About Lovers

The director, meanwhile, says he was thrilled with the chemistry between his two stars.

"It's not something you can rehearse," Luhrmann said on his way into New York's Museum of Modern Art, where he was being honored last week at a party hosted by Men's Vogue and Louis Vuitton.

"I had a lot of things to worry about – equine flu, and it rained for the first time in the desert in 100 years! But the moment I saw them as lovers, I knew I had nothing to worry about in that department."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13:27 am »
Australia pins high hopes on its most costly movie

Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47am GMT

By Belinda Goldsmith

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Amid a blaze of publicity, Australia rolls out its most expensive ever movie on Tuesday, hoping the grandly named epic "Australia" will attract overseas investors to revive the local film industry and also tourists.

Billed as a cross between "Out Of Africa" and "Gone With The Wind," the nearly three-hour romantic adventure with home-grown Hollywood stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman is reported to have cost Rupert Murdoch's 20th Century Fox about US$130 million (88.2 million pounds).

"Australia" is a World War Two drama about an English aristocrat who travels to Australia and joins forces with a cattle "drover" or cowboy and an Aboriginal child to drive a herd of cattle across the stunning, rugged Australian landscape.

Geoff Brown, executive director of the Screen Producers' Association of Australia, said the industry hoped director Baz Luhrmann's film draw in investors and lure moviegoers back to Australian movies after a string of bleak, box-office flops.

"This is a truly cinematic film, a real epic, filmed in 1940s style. We just haven't had the opportunity to show our wares on this scale before," Brown told Reuters.

"This is the marketing tool for Australian film. It's an Australian film from beginning to end, shot in Australia with an Australian cast, crew, special effects, lighting, even director, and we are seeing this as a calling card to the world."

Tourism Australia has spent A$50 million on an advertising campaign and promotions linked to the film, aiming to make Australia a coveted destination as the global financial crisis hits tourism, as "Crocodile Dundee" did in the 1980s.

The campaign received a major boost last week when influential U.S. talk show host Oprah Winfrey described it as "the best movie I've seen in a long, long, long, long time."

FEAT OR FOLLY?

Local film industry watchers were not convinced after watching Luhrmann racing to finish the ambitious movie and reportedly battling studio executives over its length and ending.

"It's set to be either Australia's most fabulous cinematic feat -- or its costliest folly," wrote The Sydney Morning Herald.

But the local film industry was hoping "Australia" would put Australia back on Hollywood's map as a good location, with talent for filmmaking and as a nation producing top-class films.

Brown said reliance on government funding had seen a shift from popular, quirky Australian movies like "Muriel's Wedding," "Strictly Ballroom" and "Babe," to arthouse, darker movies.

This even drove away Australian moviegoers with government figures showing Australian films' share of the national box office dropped to 4 percent in 2007 from 10 percent in 1994.

Brown said "Australia" was one of the first films to take advantage of a new system for privately financing films introduced last year, under which the producer can claim back 40 percent of production costs through the tax system.

"This film is a great example. We can go to Hollywood and say we can cut 40 percent off costs," he said, but added the ongoing credit crisis would clearly make it harder to secure financing.

Luhrmann, known for "Strictly Ballroom" (1992), "Romeo and Juliet" (1996), and "Moulin Rouge" (2001), acknowledged it would be hard for "Australia" to meet high local expectations.

But he said even if the film was not a financial success, he hoped it would draw more international financing to Australia.

"The idea of people like Peter Weir or Australian directors who have global financing ... coming back and working in Australia, that's much more present as an idea," he told Reuters.

"Australia" opens in the United States and Australia on November 26 and in Britain on December 26.

($1=$1.56)

(Additional reporting by Michelle Nichols in New York, Editing by Miral Fahmy)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE4AG0N920081117?pageNumber=3&virtualBrandChannel=0&sp=true

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2008, 08:19:34 am »
Luhrmann's 'Australia' epic picks up buzz from Oprah

SYDNEY (AFP) — Baz Luhrmann hadn't even finished his much-anticipated outback epic "Australia" when the world heard the news that could make the film a blockbuster -- Oprah Winfrey loves it.

The acclaimed Australian director was still to put his finishing touches to the movie, which has been beset by production delays and shrouded in secrecy, when the US talkshow queen made her pronouncement.

"Our hearts are all swelling because, my God, it's just the film we needed to see," Winfrey said after watching a special preview of the sweeping romance set on the brink of WWII.

"I have not been this excited about a movie since I don't know when," she said during last week's broadcast devoted entirely to the movie and its stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman.

From a set designed to look like an Australian outback cattle station for the show, Winfrey served up praise for Luhrmann, congratulating him on "your imagination, your vision, your creativity, your direction."

Much is riding on the success of the movie, which has reportedly cost 20th Century Fox upwards of 130 million Australian dollars and was shot on location in Sydney and the country's inhospitable north.

The Australian film industry is hoping that it will result in a new-wave of US-studio backed movie-making here while tourism officials hope the romantic drama will inspire travel Down Under as "Crocodile Dundee" did in the 1980s.

The movie, which features an English aristocrat played by Kidman falling for the rough charms of a cattle drover played by Jackman as they cross the country, will likely benefit visually from the stunning scenery of Australia's north.

But for now, Winfrey's word is all there is to go on as to whether the epic, which also includes scenes of the Japanese WWII bombing of Darwin, will be a success ahead of its world premiere in Sydney on Tuesday.

But entertainment blogger for Los Angeles Times' film awards website 'The Envelope', Tom O'Neil, says that could be enough to sway opinion.

"Everyone trusts Oprah," he told AFP from the United States.

"American film critics had been dreading seeing "Australia" because it looks like a dud.

"It's the only major Oscar contender not shown to any journalists so that makes us suspicious that there's something really wrong with this movie.

"The release of the trailer didn't help anything at all because it's such a bland teaser for the film that it didn't suggest there might be anything extraordinary here. Everyone just kind of shrugged, 'Oh, it's "Out of Africa" 25 years later.'

"And what Oprah managed to do was flip that totally for Baz."

O'Neil said the "consistently clever and inventive filmmaker" behind "Strictly Ballroom", "Romeo + Juliet" and "Moulin Rouge!" could be in line for an Academy Award in 2009 if the film lives up to expectations.

"Baz Luhrmann is holding the biggest Oscar IOU of moderns times," he said.

"This guy was snubbed at the Oscars for "Moulin Rouge!". They owe this guy and if this movie measures up to his potential for greatness, the academy would love to heap recognition on him and make up for past oversights."

"The expectation is fantastic," agrees Geoff Brown, executive director of the Screen Producers' Association of Australia.

Brown said the Australian film industry was hoping the movie not only encouraged Hollywood to heap praise on Luhrmann but to bring more film production Down Under.

While Hollywood has acknowledged Australian expertise in filmmaking -- following movies such as "The Matrix" and "Happy Feet" -- this is the first time that an Australian has had full creative control over such a big budget movie made here, he said.

"The scale, the scope, the vision is very much Baz but it will for the first time, I believe, showcase Australia as a film producing country," Brown told AFP.

"It is a calling card to the world in our view about we can do."

Brown said he was not concerned that Luhrmann was still finalising the movie just four days before the film's simultaneous premieres on Tuesday in the places where it was shot -- Sydney, the northern city of Darwin and the outback Queensland town of Bowen.

"Baz hasn't finished any of his films," he said. "I think he is still working on "Moulin Rouge!". It's just his nature. He's a perfectionist."

"Australia" is due for release in Australia on November 26.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gwuaCEbRusx_kKbCSZ2nZvnT_-8g

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2008, 09:49:38 am »
I am glad to see that Hugh is doing his part to help our ailing economy!

Hugh Jackman buys $21m home in New York

November 15, 2008 12:00am

HIS unpredictable work schedule has made him a perpetual renter, even in his home town.

But the Boy From Oz Hugh Jackman has decided to set up shop overseas for a while, after purchasing a reported $US21 million Manhattan apartment.

Clearly unaffected by the world economic crisis, a spokeswoman for the Australia star confirmed he had bought the palatial pad in one of New York's most salubrious buildings, the Meier Towers.

Having leased a unit in the West Village area before, Jackman can now officially call Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker, supermodel Gisele Bundchen and actress Liv Tyler his neighbours in the trendy Manhattan suburb.

Currently renting a house in Woollahra, Confidential understands the X-Men Origins actor plans to move his wife Deborra-Lee Furness and children Oscar and Ava to the Big Apple next year to start work on new Broadway musical A Star Is Born.

However, Jackman has not officially announced plans to play the main role of Norman Maine in the stage show adaptation of the classic 1937 film.

But it's safe to say the tribe will be happy in their new abode, which boasts five bedrooms and five full bathrooms.

Complete with a double-height living room, the apartment has a professional kitchen, a master bedroom, exercise, recreation and music rooms, a library and multiple terraces.

US gossip sites report the original price tag was a whopping $US40 million and that Jackman was able to talk down the owners.

He returned from a short US visit to promote the highly anticipated Australia yesterday.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24655015-5013560,00.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2008, 10:06:15 am »
Hugh and Nicole at the Country Music Awards