Author Topic: DVD insert...  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Wreeah

• Jr. Ranch Hand
DVD insert...
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:40:15 am »
I know one of the (many) little disappointments with the DVD release was the lack of a chapter insert.
I was playing around with photoshop and whipped this up the other night...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/kaijuman/insert1.jpg
If I put some time into it, (as I probably still will) I could come up with something a little better.  But I just sort of liked the concept of it.... the two faces ... separated...  wanting to come together, but can't....  yadda yadda....

But if someone likes it, they're welcome to use it.
Who knows, maybe someone can improve on it, or come up with something better.
But I wanted to offer it as a little gift to my fellow Brokies.
 :-*

BTW... not sure if this is posted in the right forum.  If it's not, mods, please feel free to move it to somewhre more appropriate.
It could be like this... just like this...  always.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: DVD insert...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:01:59 am »
Me, I'm lucky I'm able to put the DVD into the dang machine and play the movie through from beginning to end.

What's a "chapter insert," please?

Thanks!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 11:12:30 am »
What's a "chapter insert," please?

A chapter insert is the paper inside the DVD cover (usually left side) that lists the tracks or 'chapters' on the disk...'Looking for Work', 'Herding Sheep', etc....i.e.  where the disk stops when you press FF or REW.  The rush DVD for BBM was conspicuously without one.  This one is pretty - probably be best if you can print it in color.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 11:34:47 am »
A chapter insert is the paper inside the DVD cover (usually left side) that lists the tracks or 'chapters' on the disk...'Looking for Work', 'Herding Sheep', etc....i.e.  where the disk stops when you press FF or REW.  The rush DVD for BBM was conspicuously without one.  This one is pretty - probably be best if you can print it in color.

-Lynne

Thanks, Little Darlin'!  ;)

Sheesh, you learn something new every day. I didn't even know this was missing because I didn't even know to look for it! Never yet fast-forwarded or "rewound" a DVD.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Dafna

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 03:35:36 pm »
Very nice. Thank you. I wish all DVDs (or especially my favorite ones) came with a little paper insert or even booklet with pictures and additional information somewhat like a music CD. I always enjoy those.

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 03:41:14 pm »
The New Yorker Magazine

Just a note to remind everyone that it was on October 13, 1997
NINE YEARS AGO
that Annie Proulx saw the publication of
Brokeback Mountain
in this edition of The New Yorker Magazine.

since then it has appeared in their magazine as
a movie review,
a spoken word recording by Suzy Amis
and grist for their cartoons

What if I dont want to be Jack or Ennis.

Thank You Annie and The  New Yorker
for getting Brokeback off to a start.

Offline Wreeah

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 04:08:19 pm »
Thanks for the info Toast.    I beleive it was around this time last year that BBM was starting a limited release.

On a slightly off point.....  it was 8 years ago this week that Matthew Sheppard was attacked and died. 
 :'(

As for DVD inserts.... I've bought several DVD's lately that don't have inserts.  I think production companies are getting lazy.  It's a nice little feature to have... even if it's just a cheap one, it's just nice to have the listing. 
I'm making one for 'History of Violence' at the moment (for myself and a friend of mine)
It really is too bad.  But thank god for photoshop.  I do like to personalize it a little.
 ;D
It could be like this... just like this...  always.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:20:40 pm »
I just learned something new, also.  Thanks for explaining it, Lynne.  My neighbor purchased several DVDs just yesterday and none of them have the insert.  I think it's the way it will be from now on...it saves a lot of money by not publishing them.  But I also miss them because I like to know everything about the DVD, and I guess we will just have to get use to change....Doug