Author Topic: "Some Sweet Life," "The Grieving Plain," and other "Zane Twist" fanfictions  (Read 121212 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: "All I Got and All I Want" by Jeff Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 10:04:13 pm »
Sorry, bumping for anyone who may be interested in the new story.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 01:20:01 pm »
Was too sleepy last night to leave a comment. You know, someday, Alma maybe should wake up and smell the coffee..which of course doesn't mean she will. .I got a little confused about the seating arrangements: At first, I thought Jack was going to sit way upstairs (where the black folks (if any) sit?--didn't think of that last night), and then you said "At the very back of Alma's side of the family." So I had him running up and down stairs in my mind..maybe I just need to read it again..

I was a little afraid you'd have J and E thinking about getting married--glad you didn't...much too early.

I have been to powerful few weddings, and I'm trying to remember--it sure saves on a lot of dishwashing to have throw-away plates...I guess it was only real little ones I was at where they used "the good china."

Anyway, a good time was had by all...nice touch not having anyone eating the rabbit food...they never do, even the ones that're supposed to be dieting (like me!)

Little story of my own: Bob and I had a huge fight last night--(he found out that I sent his Toshiba away to be fixed at my own expense, and he never gave me permission). Anyway, we were both up REAL late, and, it seemed to me we made up and got friendly again...and I went to sleep happy. Then the first thing he says when he gets up is "Fuck you, Julie." He FORGOT we made up...YURG..

I'm writing a fanfictrion of my own...I don't worry about all the little details I always bug you and Leslie about, cause it's amost all dialouge and thinking..I['ve scared stiff to show it to anyone...I can't BELIEVE nobody's written it yet..the plot is great, now if only I can still write.

Me, needing a diet...click to enlarge--maybe you'd better not! also, the toast--not real good of Ennis, but the only one I've got.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:38:57 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 12:10:30 am »
Jeff  -  I have just read all of your fanfic, great stuff.  Hope you will be posting more, I will be watching for it.
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 06:15:20 pm »
Jeff  -  I have just read all of your fanfic, great stuff.  Hope you will be posting more, I will be watching for it.

J, thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've got another story in the works, but it's a slow process for me, and there's never enough time, never enough. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 03:55:47 pm »
Wow!

I just read all your stories to date, finishing with "Some Sweet Life" appropriately enough.

Your ability to draw us into the continuing saga is a gift, and I'm thankful that you are willing to share it wthl all of us.

In particular you have created a masterpiece with "Some Sweet Life," and you reflect very effectively what I believe awaits us.

Peace,
Fred
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 07:00:02 pm »
Wow!

I just read all your stories to date, finishing with "Some Sweet Life" appropriately enough.

Your ability to draw us into the continuing saga is a gift, and I'm thankful that you are willing to share it wthl all of us.

In particular you have created a masterpiece with "Some Sweet Life," and you reflect very effectively what I believe awaits us.

Peace,
Fred

Hi, Fred,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed my stories. "Some Sweet Life" certainly reflects what I need to believe awaited Ennis.

Jeff

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 06:20:55 pm »
Jeff--and others! If you are real sneaky, you can get a second review of someone's
's story posted on fanfiction. You just have to wait a while...

I do not believe "Some Sweet Life" is what awaits any of us...but it'd be nice, anyway...and I cried all the way through my first reading.

Wanted to make a public apology for stealing one of Jeff's ghosts--I needed him for my last story; besides, he's much older. But still, theft is theft.

"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 12:28:40 am »
Greetings!

I was asked to post links to my stories posted at Fanfiction.net. I'd like to oblige--I hope I can make this work!

The new story is "Sayin' 'I Do.'"

Sayin’ “I Do”

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2913454/1/

Some Sweet Life

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2841532/1/

The Cabin: November 1973

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2847636/1/

The Grieving Plain

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2852335/1/

No Hero

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2873713/1/

Especially liked "Grieving Plain"
I always thought That Ennis would have ended up at The Twist ranch perhaps after Jacks farther passed. He would have offered to help on the ranch to honor Jack and return the kindness hiss mother gave him. it is where he would have felt closest to Jack.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 06:24:13 pm »
JP,

Thanks so much for your kind comment about "The Grieving Plain." Sorry for not acknowledging it earlier--I was out of touch over the weekend and don't check this particular board too often.

Jeff

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 01:30:40 pm »
Jeff, I'm new here and am feeling my way around.  Before I registered, I had an opportunity to read your stories at Fanfiction.net, and I have to tell you, I am impressed!  I check this forum often to see if you have written anything new, because I can't get enough of your writing.  We have to find a way to convince you to keep writing.  In other words, I demand more!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:36:58 pm by littlewing1957 »