Author Topic: "Some Sweet Life," "The Grieving Plain," and other "Zane Twist" fanfictions  (Read 121219 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Oh, stop. You're very kind but you'll make me blush. The stories aren't that good, and they're definitely "PG." I can't hold a candle to Louise or Leslie.

Louise and Leslie are both awesome!  I'm going to re-read their fic next..after I revisit your gems.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
OK, I think this is kind of odd. Flattering, but odd.

Apparently people are still reading my stories at fanfiction.net. I got an e-mail notification yesterday that somebody had added "No Hero" to his or her Favorites list.

After all these years. ...

Flattering, but strikes me as a bit odd.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Why do you think it's odd?  I'm surprised at how many people are viewing BBM for the first time.  And if they're anything like me, they look for ways to give E&J a happy or otherwise alternative ending.  What better way than reading or writing fan fiction?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
I just think it's odd because it's so many years now since the movie came out, and fifteen years this fall since the story was first published.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Yep.  Where did the time go?  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Yep.  Where did the time go?  :)

You can say that twice and mean it.  :-\

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Wow. After all these years, today I got another review of my story, "Some Sweet Life":

Sweet, original and fabulous. Thank you for the hope!

Offline dontinterrupt

• Jr. Ranch Hand
odd? Jeff, I can't get enough of bbm fanfiction and I am not sure if I ever will! I mean I've only seen BBM in June last year, but still. Just can't shake Jack and Ennis. Also, just read your "Some sweet life" and its sequel and I am amazed how I still manage to find something original having read hundreds of fanfics. Thank you for that  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
odd? Jeff, I can't get enough of bbm fanfiction and I am not sure if I ever will! I mean I've only seen BBM in June last year, but still. Just can't shake Jack and Ennis. Also, just read your "Some sweet life" and its sequel and I am amazed how I still manage to find something original having read hundreds of fanfics. Thank you for that  ::)

Well, thank you very much! That's very sweet of you to say. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.  :)

And, tell you what, I see now that I shouldn't find it odd. I realize now that I should expect that on into the future, people will continue to discover Brokeback Mountain--just as I still continue to discover movie gems that were made sometimes long in the past--and will be just as bowled over by Ennis and Jack as were those of us who saw the film when it was first released.

Offline dontinterrupt

• Jr. Ranch Hand

And, tell you what, I see now that I shouldn't find it odd. I realize now that I should expect that on into the future, people will continue to discover Brokeback Mountain--just as I still continue to discover movie gems that were made sometimes long in the past--and will be just as bowled over by Ennis and Jack as were those of us who saw the film when it was first released.

Exactly. And it is because of talented people like yourself that these new viewers of the movie can find some sort of...I don't know, closure? Something to help soothe that inexplicably devastating effect this story continues to have on us? I wish I could write fanfics like these myself but my problem is, I have a million ideas a minute, but in the end it just doesn't come out right...