Author Topic: "You're good enough"  (Read 9777 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"You're good enough"
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:45:27 pm »
After Junior said those words (in the movie, of course) Casie responds with something like "You don't say much, but you get your point accross."
Does anybody know what that point might be? Or could somebody direct me to the thread on which this subject has been discussed already?

Just finished watching the movie (again), and would very  much like to hear opinions as to the significance of this exchange (other than, like father, like daughter).

Thanks y'all

Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
Re: "You're good enough"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:48:55 pm »
i think she ment that  junior got her point across   that cassie was good nuff to marry her dad another  words   cassie had juniors blessing  but he just wasnt "teh marrrying kind"
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

injest

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:51:37 pm »
wellllll...I always thought that Junior knew that Ennis was gay. So to me it was always an unfinished sentence...I can almost hear the ending..."You are good enough but my father is gay...so no matter how good you are, he is looking for what you can not give him"

injest

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:52:37 pm »
oops - wrong place - I'm rewriting this in Open Forum (where I thought I was - will be deleting this thread in a few minutes)

wha?? and lose my pearl of wisdom????  :P

injest

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:54:30 pm »
man...I just had an out of body experience...

where am I??

*Jess clicking her heels together*

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...

injest

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:06 pm »
LOL!! You drug me with the thread!! How fun....

*Jess not waiting for Roland to put her back where he found her*

bye!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
wellllll...I always thought that Junior knew that Ennis was gay. So to me it was always an unfinished sentence...I can almost hear the ending..."You are good enough but my father is gay...so no matter how good you are, he is looking for what you can not give him"

Sorry Jess, maybe I didn't ask the right question. Cassie seems to understand what Junior says: ("You get your point accross") If the "point" is that her daddy's gay, then what "point" is Casie confirming to have have undertood? - Don't think that "my daddy is gay" is the message that Cassie caught...
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 10:01:01 pm »
Sorry Jess, maybe I didn't ask the right question. Cassie seems to understand what Junior says: ("You get your point accross") If the "point" is that her daddy's gay, then what "point" is Casie confirming to have have undertood? - Don't think that "my daddy is gay" is the message that Cassie caught...
No becase later she says "I don't get you Ennis Del Mar"
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 10:12:03 pm »
man...I just had an out of body experience...

where am I??

*Jess clicking her heels together*

There's no place like home...there's no place like home...

re: "There's no place like home...there's no place like home"

Jess! You fibber!! - you spend a lot of time on other forums (admin for one, not to mention ALL the time you spend checking out the images on that little "Anything Goes" forum)

Will anyone ever believe you ever again *chorkle* *nasty larf* ** tee-hee-hee!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 11:44:10 am »
Back on topic...being told "You're good enough" is sort of like getting a C in school. Not an outright insult, but it isn't going to make anybody feel very confident in their abilities/attributes. So, Jr. gets her point across, basically saying like Aguirre did, "You're wasting your time here." She gets her point across but Cassie, with no better prospects, doesn't accept it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"