Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101061 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Free Fall - Freier Fall
« on: March 15, 2014, 03:10:05 am »
Might be spoilers ahead, so fair warning.........

Has anyone seen this?  I watched it again tonight and liked it very much...excellent acting...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:51:06 pm by butlers_fantasy »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:48:45 am »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 02:09:50 pm »
Well.  No spoilers yet.  I guess not many have seen this movie.  It's got a 7.5 on IMDb, I can't read most critical reviews because they're in German.  There are only 12 user reviews there, some with comments like: Haven't we gotten past this crap?  Topic is getting outdated, who cares about gay cops these days.

And others like this:  Well constructed scenario with all ingredients needed to demonstrate dangers of crossing the thin lines between gay and hetero.  Negotiating One's Freedom. 

My biggest complaint, to call it a complaint, is that there is no background or information at all about Kay.  We see Marc in his everyday life, as he relates to his pregnant girlfriend and his family and his co-workers, but about Kay there is nothing.  We never see him without Marc, so have no insight into his personality.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 04:56:08 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 04:57:30 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 07:11:47 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2617828/

Published on Jul 23, 2013
Coming to digital and DVD in 2014 from Wolfe Video! https://www.wolfevideo.com/products/f...

A promising career in the riot control unit, a child on the way, a loan from his parents to buy a duplex: everything is running to plan in Marc's life. Then fellow policeman Kay walks into his life at the police training academy. They start jogging together, bringing a breath of fresh air into Marc's life -- and, for the first time, he develops feelings for a man.

Torn between the life he knows so well and the exhilaration of this new adventure, his life rapidly spins out of control. In this state of free fall, Marc cannot make anyone happy anymore. Least of all himself.

FREE FALL is part of a new wave of powerful German cinema. Stephan Lacant's first feature film tells the dramatic tale of a man who finds himself outside the clear-cut boundaries of his world. Exceptional performances from Hanno Koffler (SUMMER STORM), Max Riemelt (BEFORE THE FALL, THE WAVE, IN THE FACE OF CRIME) and Katharina Schüttler (SOPHIIIIE!) provide a moving portrayal of what happens when life plans crumble and there is no way left to fulfil the needs of the people you love.

In his gripping and erotic feature debut, German director Stephan Lacant chronicles the pleasures and pitfalls of a tumultuous love affair between police officer Marc (Hanno Koffler, Summer Storm) and his training partner, Kay. At first Marc brushes off his attraction to his colleague as a fluke, but his feelings become evident the more time he spends away from his pregnant girlfriend, Bettina, inside motel rooms and in remote corners of the forest with Kay. Free Fall, which had its world premiere at the 2013 Berlin International Film Festival, explores the excitement of forbidden love as well as the consequences of secrecy and repression.

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"