Author Topic: Music Video/BBM tribute - "Gay Cowboy" by Jude  (Read 2395 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Music Video/BBM tribute - "Gay Cowboy" by Jude
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:37:23 pm »
http://www.vidlit.com/gaycowboy/

just came across this randomly while researching for something entire unrelated.

song's kinda catchy.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
Re: Music Video/BBM tribute - "Gay Cowboy" by Jude
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:46:41 pm »
Hmmm I kinda like it.  The song's cool, funny in parts.  Oh, I like the audience singing along!  Some of the video effects are a hoot too.  Never heard of the singer though, does he normally sing country or is this an ode to BBM? 

Speaking of gay cowboys, has anyone seen the video for Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly Fond of Each Other?  I cant't tell if stupid or funny or both.  It opens with Willie Nelson and Burt Reynolds 'directing' the video.  There's all this choreography, line dancing, looks like it's been shot in Western gay bars.  Lots of lip-synching (but not by Willie).  It was a bit goofy, but I do like the song a lot.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:58:23 pm »
Wow - I really liked that - I want that song on my iPod!  So, I really thought his voice sounded familiar so I did some digging:

The inclusion of Jude's hauntingly beautiful "I Know" on the multi-platinum City of Angels soundtrack propelled him into the public consciousness. He followed with No One is Really Beautiful, his first album recorded with Maverick Records, which was released in 1998 and received a "Hell yeah!" from the music press. Jude hit the road with some other folks (Train, Ben Folds Five, Tori Amos, Better Than Ezra) in support of the album, then returned to the studio to do battle with the record company, who insisted on "putting their greasy fingerprints all over my songs." The result was King of Yesterday, which hit stores in September 2001, notably absent of "Cuba," a stand-out track telling the story behind the record.

"King of Yesterday" is from Bubble Boy!  I have had that song on my iPod forever because I loved it in the movie.  So, he has ties to Jake.  Very cool. 
   Cowboys do it better

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:04:36 am »
btw. also check out the rest of vidlit.com. there are some funny stuff there. I'm not connected to the site in anyway, so my plug is just that of someone who finds some of the content interesting.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:42:49 am »
Ha! Nice!

And just in case you're interested, that Jude is not me!  ;)

I'm working on a video of BBM (for youtube) myself, but it takes soooo much time. Will post the link here though, when it's done.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 11:30:10 pm »
Ver' good.