Author Topic: Cast remembers filming Brokeback Mountain and Heath  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cast remembers filming Brokeback Mountain and Heath
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 06:57:23 pm »
Thanks for the link, Lee!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kananaskis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Cast remembers filming Brokeback Mountain and Heath
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:29 pm »
So I’ve recently watched Brothers, which stars Jake, and on the movie’s page on IMDb I’ve read two interesting pieces of trivia:

“During one intense early prison scene, Gyllenhaal jokingly reached into his pocket and took out a picture of his Brokeback beau to stick on the prison wall. "Like those prisoners put [loved ones] on the wall, but Jake's was Heath Ledger," one set source recalls. "That was hilarious. It was a nice moment." (this was before Ledger's death)”

“Jake Gyllenhaal learned of the death of his close friend Heath Ledger while he was in the middle of shooting a scene for this film. Gyllenhaal immediately walked off set, and returned to finish the scene two days later. He then took a longer bereavement leave before he was ready to continue with the rest of his scenes.”

Never before have I come across Jake’s reaction to Heath’s death. (Truth be told, I never really delved deeply enough into it.) But reading such things just seems so heartwarming, doesn’t it?