Author Topic: Minute Detail - IMO The Worst Line Delivery in the Movie  (Read 12196 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Minute Detail - IMO The Worst Line Delivery in the Movie
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 01:17:42 am »
Here's a little confession:
I STILL have never been able to decipher what Bobby says.  I know, of course, because it's been such a topic of conversation around here, but I only hear what I've been taught he says, not what he says, ya know?

Isn't the rotten little actor's name Jake Church?

My husband got ordained by an internet church so he can marry a couple of friends of ours in June.  We are permitted to sub-name our church, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm thinking maybe Jake Church.  Okay, Church of the Holy Jake.  Or Jack.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 10:49:47 am »
Wow, all this in two days in April 2006!

*bump*

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 11:06:20 am »
However, there is one that I really don't like and luckily it's not Jack or Ennis.  It's Aguirre when he comes to tell Jack about his Uncle Harold in the hospital.  He says "Your Ma asked me to come and let you know, so here I am".  When he says "so here I am" and looks off into the distance it seems so over the top that it's almost like he's in a play rather than a movie.  Maybe it's just me, but I cringe every time I see that scene.

I agree with this....never liked that line, it came off to me like he was playing 'hero'  "Your family needs help, here I am."

Granted Aguirre wasn't the type to play hero, but that's how it came off to me.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 07:16:09 pm »
I probably aid this the first time I responded to this thread, but the worst delivery in the movie is when's Heath's accent slips and he says "guhls" instead of "girrrls." I so wish they would have fixed that, which doesn't seem like it would have been a big deal.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 07:41:41 pm »
There are one or two other times in the movie where someone says, "So here I am." I think one is where Jack shows up after Ennis sends him a postcard telling him the divorce is final. It seems there is an overarching meaning to the phrase, so in that context, I don't think it's a bad line delivery.
"chewing gum and duct tape"