Author Topic: The Dreamfilm  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
The Dreamfilm
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:44:08 am »
There are amazingly some good threads left at the IMDB board. At least at this moment... someone go and save the one entitled "The Art Which Transcends Art" from the main BBM board. I'm not really certain how to do it myself, not being technologically minded.

Anyway, you are all welcome to visit the website devoted to discussion of dreamfilms (help us identify what they are and why or how they impact many individuals the way they do): www.dreamfilminstitute.com There is a forum and of course as the founder of this institute I am looking for fellow academics who might be willing to study this particular phenomenon and see if anything is merited in the discussions that have already been laid out. Many people have disagreed with me and claim that Brokeback Mountain is "just a film", and not anthing transcendent at all. I humbly disagree, and I will logically debate anyone who wishes to challenge my odd and peculiar philosophy that some films have the capacity to affect many individuals at a subconscious and deeply emotional level and to create some transformation within their lives.

How it does so remains to be seen or explored by any body of social scientists or philosophers, but I am inviting those interested in doing so to do just that. Please help form the board of experts for the dreamfilm institute. I was hoping that we might be able to lay some groundwork on the philosophical idea of a dreamfilm in the forums, and then perhaps decide if there is anything merited in the idea, then decide if this particular event should be recognized formally, and then nominate films for the transformation award and then have a vote by a general membership of the Dreamfilm Institute by April 31, 2006. But only if I can get some people to participate now. :)
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.