Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 107066 times)

Offline acoustic man

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2007, 06:48:02 pm »
Geri, great job on the performance thread! I was hysterical when I seen your last post. Look forward to getting together soon.

Tullio
"Night after night he'll treat you right baby it's the guitar man"
www.myspace.com/tulliodellaquila

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2007, 08:30:20 pm »
Hey There Tullio!

I  hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year!  :)

I didn't mean to butt in. I never see you online anymore. I hope everything is okay.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline acoustic man

« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2007, 01:37:48 am »
David thank you for asking. I hope you had a nice holiday as well. As for me I had a great holiday and the best present of all was getting to spend new Years eve with Geri. She is such a sweetie. I adore her. aside from that I have been very busy these past few weeks with traveling and business and once and awhile I have been known to simply fall off the face of the planet and seclude myself when I need to rejuvenate myself. No worries though, things are fine. I know Geri was worried about you too for awhile she really enjoys posting and chatting with you.
Glad to see you back on the boards I always enjoy your posts. What have you been up to lately?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2007, 01:48:29 am »
David thank you for asking. I hope you had a nice holiday as well. As for me I had a great holiday and the best present of all was getting to spend new Years eve with Geri. She is such a sweetie. I adore her. aside from that I have been very busy these past few weeks with traveling and business and once and awhile I have been known to simply fall off the face of the planet and seclude myself when I need to rejuvenate myself. No worries though, things are fine. I know Geri was worried about you too for awhile she really enjoys posting and chatting with you.
Glad to see you back on the boards I always enjoy your posts. What have you been up to lately?

Well I sure am glad to hear it! I was getting worried about you.

Yeah, Geri is a doll! We all love her. She's a super terrific lady. I'm glad the two of you had fun on New Year's Eve.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2007, 02:01:02 am »
Awwwh!  It's no wonder why I love you two! :-*
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline acoustic man

« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2007, 03:24:45 pm »
Awwwh!  It's no wonder why I love you two! :-*
;D

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2007, 03:43:37 pm »
I hope its its okay if I jump in here and tell you about my hobbies, they are real important to me.

Since I was about 5 I have been kniiting and crocheting like crazy, I have made lots and lots of sweaters.

Then about eight years ago I decided that there can be too many sweaters so I have been trying many many things, painting, drawing, quilting, jewelery making, bookbinding, etc,etc but none of these have really stuck and I am trying to find one that will.

I also have been teaching myself to weave and I even now spin and dye my own yarn which I started doing about three years ago.

I am trying to find one or two of these things to really focus on, which I have not been able to do so far,  but I do tend to knit no matter what else i am doing like I always have since I was a child.

I just realized this, another BBM connection to my life, yarn...wool...sheep!!!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27:44 pm »
Hi Marlb42. Thanks for posting!  I see that you are new here so I would like to welcome you to Bettermost!

My mother was quite the knitter. She would knit all evening as she watched tv or just visited. She made beautiful sweaters. People ordered her sweaters for themselves and family. She knitted so fast that she could complete a sweater in 4 to five days.  I tried several times to learn from her but I was so awkward with it. Just couldn't get the stitches even and smooth. My mother went to school in Ireland and she said they taught girls how to knit in school.  Every girl had to take it!  Imagine that.

I love crafts too. I love to paint and draw. And I have always wanted to make my own jewlery. Might be something I might get into soon.

Weaving and spinning and dyeing your own yarn! Wow!  Have you ever read up on doing the same with Angora rabbits?  I know a couple who invested in a few Angoras about ten years ago and today they are rich people. They make their own angora yarn and sell it all over the world!   They also raise and sell the rabbits. these rabbits are worth a fortune with their yarn. I guess you shear them just like sheep a few times a year.  And you know how rabbits multiply! I just know the rarer the color of the Angora rabbit the more they are worth.  I havn't seen them in a couple years though cause they relocated to a nicer climate. But I am sure they are still doing it . If I lived on a farm that would be something I would defineatly look in to!! :)

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2007, 04:59:43 pm »
Hi Arad-3

Thanks for the welcome and the lovely note.

Your mother sounds amazing and wonderful, I bet her sweaters are beautiful!!!

I am sure that you can make jewelery if your want.

Yes I agree with you that raising Angora rabbits would be lots of fun, I have some Angora wool waiting to be spun that I bought from people who do it.

I live in a small apartment near the city, so I couldn't do it now either, but maybe someday...

thanks again so much your reply.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #279 on: January 15, 2007, 05:06:45 pm »
Well your more than welcome!  stop in anytime!!   :)