Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 108242 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2007, 08:27:25 pm »
Some more incredable pics from the web.

God Geri, those pictures are beautiful! I especially love the one with the flowers in the mountains. It reminds me of Switzerland and all the colorful flowers growing in the Alps!  :D

The waterfalls are pretty too, but they make me want to pee.  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2007, 09:34:22 pm »
The waterfalls are pretty too, but they make me want to pee.  ;)

Is that what it is? I've been feeling like that all day searching the web for pictures of waterfalls!

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2007, 02:07:20 am »
Is that what it is? I've been feeling like that all day searching the web for pictures of waterfalls!

lol

Yeah Geri, I think that's what it is!  :)

.... at least in my case it is.

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2007, 09:47:17 pm »
I think the waterfall pictures are beatufull :) :) :)

It is amazing though how people around here do find all sorts of associations to everything. ::) ::) ::)

Wow, the flower picture just finally loaded. :o :o :o

Now I do feel like dropping my knitting and painting,

or at least try to paint.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2007, 03:11:02 pm »
Marlb~
You could start off with a fairly inexpensive water color kit.  Water colors are fun to work with.  You can even purchase one of those little ones that kids use in school. It's a great way to get used to mixing and blending colors. Water colors are great for practicing  landscapes, skies with clouds, sunsets,  waterfalls, flowers and trees at the beginning. All you really need is a big drawing pad to paint on.  You might be surprised what hidden talent you have!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2007, 06:13:56 pm »

This reminds me of our back yard when I was growing up.    Winter can be so beautiful...sometimes!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2007, 06:20:29 pm »
I agree with  you Geri. Those snow storms are pretty. I always found ice storms to be incredibly beautiful too. Everything looks like it's made of crystal, especially when the sun shines through the ice, turning it into millions of tiny prisms. It looks very magical and beautiful. It's a shame snow and ice storms can be so deadly.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2007, 06:33:35 pm »
Oh I know! David!   Everything looks like "wonderland" after an ice storm.  Like diamonds and crystals sparkling all around you! 
When i was a kid winters were allot harder than they are now.   I used to love to lie in the snow and look up at the trees and sky. we lived way out in the country so there was no shotage of beautiful wintry landscapes to explore!

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2007, 09:15:06 pm »
Dear Geri/ Arad-3

Another absolutely amazing picture!!!!

I remember some storms like that, even though I grew up in the city there were a lot of trees where I lived, and  there were storms where all the trees were covered, and it was breathtakingly beautiful.

Your picture certainly reminds me of that.

And yes, I actually do have watercolors, I have always loved art supplies and a few years ago I bought a lot, although I didn't really start painting.  I guess I didn't know where to start.

I am trying to finish a sweater now that has taken me a long time to do because I have spent so much time watching BBM and hanging out here lately. ::) ::) ::)

But I will get them out, or maybe I will buy a new set just to really start fresh and for hopefully for real this time.  :) :) :)

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2007, 09:54:27 pm »
Wow there's some definite talent in this place!
Kerry -- I love your paintings, absolutely gorgeous.  I only dabble in painting, seems I don't have the patience for it or maybe it's the fact that everything I paint looks like a big blob!  Who knows, but I really liked the shots your posted of yours. 
The pictures from the web are beautiful too.  Living some of that winter wonderland right now with temperatures in the negative digits makes going outside not even a thought.  I like photography and fiddling around with drawing and painting but for the last ten years I have my main hobby in showing purebred dogs.  Travel around on long weekends to dogshows here in the States and Canada.  Get to handle some fine animals and meet a lot of nice people too.  Good combination if you ask me.  Plus I get to see more of the country.  It's a great stress reliever from work too!