Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 108139 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2007, 10:04:26 pm »
  Hi UntamedFriesian !  I see your new here!  Welcome!

Purebred dogs!  Wow! How did you ever get into that?   How many dogs do you have?  What kind of breed do you show?  Can you post some pictures of them?

I know...lots of questions! But thats very interesting to me.  I used to own a Silky Terrior.  She was a purebred.  Beautiful dog! I ended up giving her to a couple that could afford to train her and show her.  I figured I wasn't doing her any justice by making her a house pet!

Thanks for posting!
Geri
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2007, 02:33:16 pm »
Hi Geri

Thanks for the Welcome!  I show mostly in the Herding, Working and Toy groups.  I handle other peoples dogs in other groups too!  It's a strange "hobby" but it works for me.  I have 6 dogs of my own.  Belgian Tervurens, Great Pyrenees and Havanese.  I got into showing when I was looking to buy my first Belgian Tevuren.  I actually found a breeder near my place and went out to meet her and the puppies she had at the time.  She had sold all the pups but told me if I would agree to show the dog when it was old enough she would bump one of the other people and let me have the pup so I said sure!  That's how it started, I got hooked and love it!  Prior to showing, I have been doing obedience, agility, therapy, and search and rescue with various dogs that I have owned.  I still do all that and show plus I get to meet a lot of interesting people.  I tried to post some pictures with my first response to you but something happened and the pictures and the post didn't go through.  I am extremely technologically challenged !!!!!  I haven't figured out how to get one of those smiley cowboy faces into a post yet!! 

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2007, 03:11:28 pm »
Wow!  I might have to go on the web to look up some of these breeds! Never heard of them!  But I am sure I would recognize them if i seen a picture!  It really does sound like a great way to travel and meet new people! I watched a funny, funny, movie once. I think it was called "The best in show" It was about these dog shows! It was hilarious!

Have you tried using photobucket for your pics? It's easy to download pictures from there..

Are you attending the H H Backers  Spring pet trade show in March?  It's in Atlantic City . At the Atlantic City convention center. It's one of the largest pet retailer shows in the world.  There's all sorts of new products and dogs and cats all over the place.  I was invited to attend this year.  I think it will be fun. Besides how can you go wrong going to Atlantic City for a weekend!

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #323 on: February 05, 2007, 11:50:30 am »
Atlantic city for the weekend, that would be tempting but I believe I will be in Chatham Ontario during that time for a show or it might be Indiana, can't remember which one comes first.
Never heard of "photobucket" before guess it is something I will have to look into.  I found the "attach" option under the "additional Options" button so when I get home from work maybe I can try that and see if it works. 

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #324 on: February 05, 2007, 12:41:29 pm »
Lunch break -- will try to use this computer at work to post some pics
if it works, this would be my Great Pyrenees at a show up in Leamington, Ontario this past Sept.

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #325 on: February 05, 2007, 12:44:56 pm »
I think I might have figured this out!  This is one of my Belgians this past Christmas and a few Havanese too

Offline UntamedFriesian

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #326 on: February 05, 2007, 12:47:43 pm »
OOPPPs the previous post lost my Belgian Tervuren.  Those are two of my Havanese.  Here is one of my Belgians, again last year when we were in Canada.  (Peterboro)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #327 on: February 05, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »
UntamedFriesian~ your dogs are just beautiful!  All of them! The little ones look like stuffed animals,  just adorable. I can see how these guys would keep you so busy!  You must know alot about dogs to be able to show different breeds.   I'm sure each breed has different needs.  You must have a deep love for them cause I'm sure it cost alot more to travel around and show them and care for them than these shows actually pay out in prize money!

You really should check out photobucket. I used to download by the Additional Options too, but someone here pointed photobucket out to me and it's made my life easier! Being on The Performance thread I really needed an easier way to post pictures.

thanks for the great photo's, I'm sure everyone will enjoy them!

Offline acoustic man

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #328 on: February 05, 2007, 02:35:48 pm »
Hey Geri, another great picture of the winter season I see. Wow there are a lot of interesting people on your thread it is so great that everyone is sharing their hobbies. Hope to see you soon!

xoxoxo
Tullio
"Night after night he'll treat you right baby it's the guitar man"
www.myspace.com/tulliodellaquila

Offline acoustic man

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #329 on: February 05, 2007, 02:39:48 pm »

Here is my hobby, and when I am not playing I love to build and repair computers!
"Night after night he'll treat you right baby it's the guitar man"
www.myspace.com/tulliodellaquila