Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 130850 times)

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »
Up from the depths of a technological hell comes...

“Sergeant, there’s no need to -”

“Shit!” He regretted it immediately, the vise clamping in his neck cranking a few ticks tighter thanks to his chair jumping, body jerking, shirt drenching, Jack stirring, damn embarrassing start back to alert. “Shit.” Fucking fell asleep sitting - stupid, so stupid and fucking weak – what if – and they – Jack could have -

“En…nis…” The voice pillow slurred, drowsy ribbons binding it still. “…are…you?”

At his side instantly, knuckles soothed a stubbly cheek. “I’m here, I got you, you’re safe,” tender forehead kisses coaxing slumber’s return.

“You…cow…hat…hot…”

“Sssshhh, baby, ssshhh..” A stray lock of dark hair was scolded back in place and a non-existent blanket wrinkle received a smart smooth down before a hand motion and an ill advised nod of the head retired the conversation to the bathroom doorway.

“I didn’t mean to wake you.” The barely above a whisper apology conciliatory and sincere “I’m sorry, Sergeant.”

“No, no, Kisha. I shouldn’t have been…wait, is it already…” Neck knot kneading hand paused for a time check. “Antibiotics at nine.”

“There’s no need to wake him, though.”

“But, doesn’t he need, I mean, how is he -”

“Incredibly hot, brilliant and in love with you.”

The lines of his Jack smile crinkled, the grooves deep from copious amounts of practice. “He told you to say that, didn’t he?”

“Even wrote it down for me.” The 5x7 card pulled from her pocket flashed loopy, round words in red Sharpie. “To avoid a misquoting faux pas.”

“Self diagnosis by Dr. Twist. He write his own prescriptions, too?”

The other side of the card presented Jack’s one word cure-all: Ennis.

“And I do believe one will make the other,” a tiny, thin paper cup was placed in Ennis’ care, “go down easier. But, soon, with food. And don’t give into his Bambi eyes this time.” A wee, wisp of a little thing, and not much older than Junior, Kisha had proven to be remarkably immune to that fatal condition that afflicts most women when exposed to the Twist Charm. “No matter how much he whines.”

“Jack whine?” Mock protestation ‘defended’ his partner’s honor. “No!”

“Yeah, right. And how long has he been my patient?”

Since Wednesday night, introductions made, thanks to Hunnie’s powers of persuasion, over blood soaked sheets.

Sordid details tomorrow!

Sorry for being away sooooo long.

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »
.  .  .
At his side instantly, knuckles soothed a stubbly cheek. “I’m here, I got you, you’re safe,” tender forehead kisses coaxing slumber’s return. 

Ahh . . .  :)     That will make it much easier to read those sordid details! 

Thanks, B - looking forward to Wednesday

Marie

P.S.  How adorable is that 5x7 card  :D

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2007, 01:18:17 am »

All agog and atwitter.  I cant wait for this beatrice..  No more problems from the
mad computer geni.  I hate them too.....janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »
Wait no more, Janice - look what I found!  :D  Chapter 35:

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13413.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2007, 12:03:25 pm »

mvansand76

« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2007, 10:26:42 am »
Chapter 36 has arrived!   :D

http://community.livejournal.com/lowermanhattan/13615.html?view=401967

Marie

Hey- I have decided I am gonna wait till it's finished! I just don't get it...  :(

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »
Afternoon.

Well, just a "bump" to Beatricorme, on the next chapter. Jack's "arrested" and out in the open. Now what!! So many threads to weave into the finale. Realize that RL comes first, as with all of us, but it's been a month and I can hardly stand it!

Thanks. 

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2007, 10:14:36 pm »
Heya,

Any news about this one?  I was a late-comer to reading this one and just read all current 36 chapters over the last week or so.  Really good... can't wait to read the conclusion.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline cathyinaz

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2007, 10:49:12 pm »
Yes, I really love this story, is anyone around with any news? How is our author doing? Big hugs{} to Beatriceorme and hope to see more from you. This is a great story, I hope real life settles down for you soon.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2007, 06:03:42 pm »
Hmmm.... I'm still really curious about this story.  It's been quite a while since an update.  Does anyone know any news about this story?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie