Author Topic: Horror Movies  (Read 5263 times)

horo35

Horror Movies
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:37:40 pm »
Well with Halloween around the corner here is a good poll.  I'm not really into horror movies much anymore but when I was a kid I saw the Exorcist!  Couldn't sleep all night!  That had to be the scariest movie I've ever seen...and it's on tonight on 2 channels.  :o
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:52:04 pm by horo35 »

iluvchocolate

Re: Horror Movies
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:46:37 pm »
I also like poltergest movies too....... **cough** but I know someone who was freaked out the ring... couldnt figure out why he was afraid of it though ???

There is nothing "scarey" about the ring.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 10:06:30 pm »
I am a big fan of horror movies, especially the early ones from the 30s, 40s, 50s, you know them..the original Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein, etc.  All of them are being shown on cable channels through next week, so I'll probably plan my life around the TV for a while. 

Since none of the previously mentioned are on the list, I chose "Halloween", and "Nightmare on Elm St".  The 1st movie in each of these series was the greatest.  After that, downhill............

Might I also mention "The Birds"....Doug

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 11:03:46 pm »
My mother read "The Exorcist" and took my sister and I to see it in 1973. I was 11 years old at the time. Anyone my age or older will tell you "The Exorcist" was groundbreaking in its' time. I don't think mom realized how intense this movie was, or she would have never taken us to begin with. I remember sitting in the theatre, horrified during the entire movie. It scared the hell out of me. I slept with the light turn on in my bedroom for at least a week.

I really don't like those "slasher" movies. I use to when I was a teenager. I guess I outgrew them. I do like the old Dracula and Werewolf movies.

I really liked "Interview With The Vampire" too. I thought it was a classic. I love Anne Rice novels.   8)

I watched "Riding The Bullet" a couple of months ago. That's another one... scared the crap out of me. David Arquette did a very convincing job portraying George Staub. It didn't really scare me all that much while I was watching it. It scared me afterwards.

Silence of the Lambs was pretty creepy too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 08:29:59 am »
The Shining - I saw it only once and refused to see it ever since.

I saw the Exorcist for the first time about two years ago and didn't find it creepy at all. But I sure ask myself what they are doing to the children involved into such movies. I know actually filming a scene is quite different from watching it, but still.

The Omen - that one I liked, too, but didn't find it particulary creepy.

Carrie - the whole movie wasn't scary at all, but *the* one scene really did it for me- gosh, I jumped. But this effect works only when you see the movie for the first time.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:59:58 pm »
Even though I am a big horror film fan, to this day I still cannot bring myself to watch The Exorcist again.  I was in Junior High and went with my Mom. It took weeks for me to get over it.  I don't even like it on in my house. 

My favorite scary film is The Haunting 1963 black and white directed by Robert Wise with Russ Tamblyn, Julie Harris and Clare Bloom. Classic haunted house tale based on Shirley Jacksons novel The Haunting.   Little or no special effects, all done with mood, shadows, music and damn good story telling.  IMHO the best horror flick ever made.  Still gives me little shivers.

Another good one in that same vein is The Uninvited 1944 also black and white with Ray Milland, Ruth Hussy and Donald Crisp.  Scared the pants off me as kid.

Those two and Darkness Falls are what my neices rented for their Halloween slumber party last Saturday. Auntie Dottie strikes again My brother still hasn't forgiven me.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:01:39 pm by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:41:43 am »
Why wasn't 'Showgirls' part of the poll?   ;D

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 07:54:25 am »
Scariest film I ever saw was Salems Lot with David Soul. Scared the crap out of me it did!! :o :o :o :o :o

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 03:11:59 am »
Scariest film I ever saw was Salems Lot with David Soul. Scared the crap out of me it did!! :o :o :o :o :o

Yeah, that movie scared the crap out of me too. Especially the scene where Danny Glick (the vampire boy) appeared in Mark's bedroom window, scratching on the glass....

...."Mark! Let me in Mark <scratch> <scratch> Open the window Mark!".

Another movie that scared me was "Pet Cemetery". Pascow scared me to death. That movie was just downright freaky.  :o
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 11:59:00 am »
Tell ya another movie that scared me to death..."An American Werewolf in London" Especially at the start when they were on the moors. It can get very bleak indeed on the moors in northern England, and the thought of something like that stalking you on one when theres nowhere to run!!! :o :o :o :o