Author Topic: The line "Jack Nasty"  (Read 12539 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: The line "Jack Nasty"
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:30 am »
I remember reading somewhere or seeing in an interview with Michelle Williams....she said, she found it difficult in rehearsals to say "Jack Nasty" without falling in a fit of laughing, and how she hoped she could say it with a straight face when they were filming.

I think for the times, and because Alma was not a woman who would swear, or say curse words... saying Jack Nasty, was the worst way she could describe him and how she felt about him. It was her way of cursing him.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The line "Jack Nasty"
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 03:00:08 pm »
And about the line "Jack Nasty". When taken out of context,  I do think it´s kinda funny, but when I watch the scene it´s everything but.

I think for the times, and because Alma was not a woman who would swear, or say curse words... saying Jack Nasty, was the worst way she could describe him and how she felt about him. It was her way of cursing him.

Well said.  Context is always important, but in BBM especially.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain