Author Topic: All TRANS cast BBM screenplay table read  (Read 3439 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
All TRANS cast BBM screenplay table read
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:24:54 pm »
https://newfest.org/event/brokeback/?mc_cid=aafc58a1ef&mc_eid=f5a1a3f28f

A benefit for The NewFest Future Fund and the New York City Anti-Violence Project

Featuring an all-star trans cast, this virtual live-read event for Ang Lee’s BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN will take place on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:00pm EST / 3:00pm PST. The film, which originally featured Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead roles, tells the story of two young men – a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy – who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys, and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love.

Free plus suggested donation.

Cast:

Leo Sheng (THE L WORD) as Ennis
Brian Michael Smith (911: LONE STAR) as Jack
Jen Richards (TALES OF THE CITY) as Alma
Alexandra Grey (EMPIRE) as Lurleen  (editor's note:  sic)
Sam Feder (Director of DISCLOSURE) as the narrator

Mal Blum
Mars Dixon
Theo Germaine
Jordan Gonzalez
Drew Gregory
Vico Ortiz
Jes Tom

Event proceeds will be split between The NewFest Future Fund, to benefit NewFest and its programs for LGBTQ+ youth, filmmaker resources, and year-round screening programs, as well as the New York City Anti-Violence Project (AVP), currently celebrating its 40th anniversary. AVP empowers LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and supports survivors through counseling and advocacy. The live event will be available to stream for free with a suggested donation, and will be available to watch on NewFest’s Facebook and YouTube channels.

The event is produced in collaboration with #MakeItGay live reads, founded by Gaby Dunn during quarantine to reimagine typically white, straight, cis and male films into ones with diverse casts of various queer people. The organization has produced an all-black cast, all-queer THE BREAKFAST CLUB, a bisexual female-led OCEANS 11, and a reading of CLUE, even gayer than the original.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: All TRANS cast BBM screenplay table read
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:08:47 am »
Wonderful news! It's on my calendar! Thanks, Paul!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 01:48:43 pm »

Lurleen? Really?
 ::) :-X

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 03:46:46 pm »

Lurleen? Really?
 ::) :-X

This is why proofreaders are still needed, even though most people don't appreciate it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:17:09 am »
This is why proofreaders are still needed, even though most people don't appreciate it.

Huh? Who does not appreciate a proof reader? I guess only people who have to pay for them, like publishers.

I'm the proof reader for my family, lol. No matter the subject, most pieces of written assignment go over my desk, be it school or university related. Comes with the mom-job and nobody pays me.... ;) :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:24:42 am »

Huh? Who does not appreciate a proof reader? I guess only people who have to pay for them, like publishers.

I recently saw a newspaper advertisement for a book that described the author as a college English professor who had spent his career trying to teach students not to split "infinities."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 09:52:00 am »
Lurleen? Really?

True, although I'm not sure this is a proofreading issue so much as a fact-checking issue.

I recently saw a newspaper advertisement for a book that described the author as a college English professor who had spent his career trying to teach students not to split "infinities."

:laugh:

That is indeed a Quixotic career effort, since by definition it's impossible to split one infinity into two infinities.

And as for infinitives, it's OK to split them now and then.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 11:31:52 am »
This is today, folks!
https://newfest.org/event/brokeback/?mc_cid=aafc58a1ef&mc_eid=f5a1a3f28f

A benefit for The NewFest Future Fund and the New York City Anti-Violence Project

Featuring an all-star trans cast, this virtual live-read event for Ang Lee’s BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN will take place on Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 6:00pm EST / 3:00pm PST. The film, which originally featured Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in the lead roles, tells the story of two young men – a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy – who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys, and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love.

Free plus suggested donation.

Cast:

Leo Sheng (THE L WORD) as Ennis
Brian Michael Smith (911: LONE STAR) as Jack
Jen Richards (TALES OF THE CITY) as Alma
Sam Feder (Director of DISCLOSURE) as the narrator

Mal Blum
Mars Dixon
Theo Germaine
Jordan Gonzalez
Drew Gregory
Vico Ortiz
Jes Tom

Event proceeds will be split between The NewFest Future Fund, to benefit NewFest and its programs for LGBTQ+ youth, filmmaker resources, and year-round screening programs, as well as the New York City Anti-Violence Project (AVP), currently celebrating its 40th anniversary. AVP empowers LGBTQ and HIV-affected communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and supports survivors through counseling and advocacy. The live event will be available to stream for free with a suggested donation, and will be available to watch on NewFest’s Facebook and YouTube channels.

The event is produced in collaboration with #MakeItGay live reads, founded by Gaby Dunn during quarantine to reimagine typically white, straight, cis and male films into ones with diverse casts of various queer people. The organization has produced an all-black cast, all-queer THE BREAKFAST CLUB, a bisexual female-led OCEANS 11, and a reading of CLUE, even gayer than the original.

"chewing gum and duct tape"