Author Topic: Getting to know you...SPECIAL TREATS just for YOU!  (Read 17527 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Getting to know you...SPECIAL TREATS just for YOU!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 07:03:44 pm »
You outin' me, Elle?  ;)

Not meaning to.  Which part?  Should I delete something?  [Ellemeno worries.]

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:44 pm »
You outin' me, Elle?  ;)

Not meaning to.  Which part?  Should I delete something?  [Ellemeno worries.]

Don't worry, Elle. Obviously you found out about a certain component of my life through a Google search, so it isn't really secret, now, is it?

Being a naturist is a little like being gay--there are a whole lot of people who have no clue and who would persecute you for it, but when it comes down to it, it is really a private issue and nobody's business.

And really, for anyone who is reading this thread, check out Desert Springs, it is a really nice place and I would love to chat with fellow Tremblayans there in the hot tub...seriously!

LHN

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
Oh Leslie, I did google you ages ago and saw that.  But I thought you had mentioned it to us too.  I think you did.  Didn't you?

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 08:34:36 pm »
Being a naturist is a little like being gay--there are a whole lot of people who have no clue and who would persecute you for it, but when it comes down to it, it is really a private issue and nobody's business.

Except that I for one really would recruit - or rather, I'd like clothes or not to become a non-issue everywhere, as it is at that French/Spanish? resort, Cap Agde?
I used to be a club nudist but I got out about the same time I came out. They were 1. homophobic and 2. boring. They hadn't thought it through at all.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 08:35:25 pm »
Oh Leslie, I did google you ages ago and saw that.  But I thought you had mentioned it to us too.  I think you did.  Didn't you?

I don't think I did, but really, it's not a problem It is something I am totally comfortable with -- "being comfortable in my own skin"- but alot of people have an issue with it. I went through a period of trying to tell folks and I  realize now that that didn't work so now I just shut up. If they figure it out and want to talk, fine  -- I love that conversation but I don't press the issue anymore.

Like I said, I see parallels with being gay--

LHN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 08:39:37 pm »
Except that I for one really would recruit - or rather, I'd like clothes or not to become a non-issue everywhere, as it is at that French/Spanish? resort, Cap Agde?
I used to be a club nudist but I got out about the same time I came out. They were 1. homophobic and 2. boring. They hadn't thought it through at all.
I agree with you Shuggy that some of the naturists I have met are some of the most boring, idiotic people on the planet...and yes, homophobic  too.

But I have met a few great people--it is a little bit like finding the wheat among the chaff, or whatever the expression is.

I have thought that you were a like minded person.

PS-- La Jenny in France is great! Never been to Cap D'Agde but the silver coast is better, I think.  ;-) Mostly, I like the beach.
LHN
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:00:14 pm by lnicoll »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:36 pm »
Boy, am I glad I logged on tonight. You never know what you'll learn, or about whom you'll learn it, Chez Tremblay.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Getting to know you...Now with added SPECIAL TREATS!
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 09:45:09 pm »

yaadpyar, you get nominated for a Bodhi award and win.  And at the after party, with all the Boddhisattvas and all your Brokie friends, you get your wings.  You also get a chance to brush Heath's hair.

Oooooo - Elle.  I'm so honored.  I looked it up just to make sure I got ya right!  "Boddhisattva: an enlightened being who voluntarily postpones his own nirvana while striving to help all forms of sentient life attain enlightenment"
AWESOME!  Glad I introduced myself on the other forum!   :angel:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 10:15:28 pm »
neglected... :(

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 11:52:28 pm »
More specially-selected SPECIAL TREATS for posters to the "Introduce Yourself" thread:

JudeW - You get to work the Robbie Williams concert, where Robbie will pull you up on stage to sing a duet, and present you with baby kitten twins.  Also, an opportunity to join the Red Crescent and continue your volunteer work, while getting to practice your Arabic.

ednbarby, I think you already have most of your heart's desire.  In addition, you will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for three to Brisbane, Australia to study drawing with Ray and Sheyne.  To celebrate your new proficiency and confidence as an artist, you, your husband and son will be joined by all your Brokie friends at the Ring of Fire where we will have many happy campfires, and sing Vincent all around the lake.

RouxB, not neglected.  Ready to give you your SPECIAL TREAT, but waiting for you to post your intro on that thread.  Is it there and I missed it?