Author Topic: Really OT: United 93  (Read 12690 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Really OT: United 93
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 10:37:17 pm »
I have to say, I'm not sure who is doing the marketing for United 93, but while waiting to watch a stupid romantic comedy movie, the preview for this was shown.

I had gone OUT of my way to avoid even looking at the preview and there it was.  I was squirming in my seat, but luckily for me, all they showed was a flight controller's view of the plane on the radar - or whatever it is they use - and the camera view just zoomed in closer and closer and closer to the little plane shape while you just heard a jumble of voices talking over each other.  You clearly heard a woman on the phone say, "honey it's me.  My plane's been hijacked.' and you clearly hear another phone voice say, "I gotta go, they/we? about to storm the cockpit."

:'(

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 10:48:31 pm »
Well, I'm with you there Della.  I have gone out of my way to avoid the trailer.  But, if they're going to portray the people involved I want to know that there is no sugar coating anyone's homosexuality.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

rtprod

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 10:53:14 pm »
I'm seeing Flight 93 at a press event on Wednesday and will report back to everyone.  I've heard it's a mind-blower.  

I'm on the same page with my bud on World Trade Center, the world's worst title for a film, and although September was once the title of Woody Allen's Bergman-esque drama, it's got a nice sound to it in this context.    

The X-Men 3 trailer is unbelievable, and I'm being converted into a fan of the franchise after loathing the first film and then liking the second one.  The new trailer is the right mix of theme (gay), emotions (Jean and Wolverine) and large-scale special effects (bridge collapse; wings) that, for a change, seem like they might actually give merit back to the term spectacular as an overused claim for the past few summer movie seasons.  Forget MI3, Tom's in it and you know who, the Oscar thief, headlines.   :)

However, if anyone would like to explain the merits of Gore Verbinski to me (beyond The Ring's designer creepiness), I'm all ears...  Just kiddin', Weatherman was fine as was Pirates.  The Mexican?  LOL.     ;D

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 11:06:05 pm »
However, if anyone would like to explain the merits of Gore Verbinski to me (beyond The Ring's designer creepiness), I'm all ears...  Just kiddin', Weatherman was fine as was Pirates.  The Mexican?  LOL.     ;D

An exec producer friend signed Verbinski in the US .  She helped to develop him as a commercial and video director.  He's good with multiple images and special effects.

Looking forward to your review rtprod.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"