Author Topic: My 8th viewing..  (Read 5153 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: My 8th viewing..
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 10:25:42 pm »
I have read all your answers, thank you, but I'll only have more feed-back later!

So adorable--I am going tonight for my 13th and last theater showing (sigh), and I will look for the mule and horse to be watching them. And, I happen to know that this "sing like a casserole" saying is only a French or a European one!! We don't say it over here across the pond. I have heard it said "sing like a pot" also. It's so cute
I've added a picture of the horses-mule watching, but it's not exactly the right one. I think there's actually a moment, where all three are watching...

And the 'casserole' was me being lazy! ;)  But I liked the sound of the word and I couldn't be bothered to look up the English expression..  ;D

I really liked your answers Jenny! It shows indeed, that Jack has a beautiful soul!

And you are all right, I have never really noticed it, but Jack was 'no good' at many things (cooking, riding (well he had trouble with low-startle-point-prone horses..), harmonica, singing, shooting..)! So sad! But then his heart and soul made up for everything!

One additional question - does anybody know why 'Jenny' is the only(?) name different to the short story? I believe all names are kept, except her name. If I remember well, Ennis and Almas second daughter is called Francine in the short story.

I better go to bed now -

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 10:31:38 pm »
One additional question -does anybody know why 'Jenny' is the only(?) name different to the short story? I believe all names are kept, except her name. If I remember well, Ennis and Almas second daughter is called Francine in the short story

Jenny is not the only character with a different name. In the short story Monroe's name is Bill.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 05:51:43 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 12:15:01 pm »
My theory is that the lead character in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" had a name that sounded like "Jen" so this was a little continuation similar to the mentioning of an ice storm (an ice storm in Central Texas?).
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 07:25:15 am »
Well, this must be the definitive answer since it has stood for 3 days! Going once, going twice...
"chewing gum and duct tape"