Author Topic: The Heart of the Matter  (Read 22505 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Heart of the Matter
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 08:41:40 am »
Just to let y'all know, I have decided to shelve the continuation of this story indefinitely.  I appreciate everyone's support and feedback.  The archives of Book Two have been removed from my LJ.  Thanks

That's too bad!  :(
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Scott6373

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:29 am »
There are reason Nat, but it's too long to go into, and NO, it's not a dramatic story...it's really a matter of motivation and time, so I didn't want to keep anyone hanging...by the way...I miss you terribly.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 08:53:05 am »
There are reason Nat, but it's too long to go into, and NO, it's not a dramatic story...it's really a matter of motivation and time, so I didn't want to keep anyone hanging...by the way...I miss you terribly.

I miss you too. I sent you a pm.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 08:58:23 am »
Just to let y'all know, I have decided to shelve the continuation of this story indefinitely.  I appreciate everyone's support and feedback.  The archives of Book Two have been removed from my LJ.  Thanks

Scott, thanks for the update. Sad to hear this but I understand how the writing process goes.

I hope you'll keep continuing on with the drabbles.

Hugs,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 09:02:35 am »
Scott, it's sad to hear you're shelving this story.  I like your style of writing very much, I hope you'll find a new inspiration to write another story in the future. 

Thanks for Book One.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 12:03:18 pm »
what yb said.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
The Heart of the Matter
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 07:04:49 pm »
Afternoon.

Sorry to see you decided to shelve the project.  Had a good premise, the "other side" of the story.  But, RL does often get in the way.  Hope someday you decide to dust off the premise, and finish Jack's story and then write their story together at the Ranch. 

Enjoyed the original; like your style, so much poetry in your imagery.  Will always remember how Lee played the piano in the evening with the windows open,  pouring his heart into the music, knowing Ennis was outside on the porch of the foreman's house,and how Ennis sat on his porch, listening to the music and the love it conveyed. And will remember the Epilogue. 

Thanks again for a great story.  Hope to see your name here again.  All the best.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 02:56:09 am »
Will always remember how Lee played the piano in the evening with the windows open,  pouring his heart into the music, knowing Ennis was outside on the porch of the foreman's house,and how Ennis sat on his porch, listening to the music and the love it conveyed.

I agree. One of the best parts of the whole story. Very poetic and very moving. Thanks for sharing your talent with us Scott.  :)

Scott6373

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2007, 01:08:01 pm »
Just thought I would let folks know that Book One of THOTM is undergoing beta revision, and will be re-posted on LJ very soon.  Once that is done, I plan on re-starting work on Book Two.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2007, 01:36:57 pm »
Just thought I would let folks know that Book One of THOTM is undergoing beta revision, and will be re-posted on LJ very soon.  Once that is done, I plan on re-starting work on Book Two.

That is excellent news!  :)