Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40856 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2007, 11:20:36 pm »
awesome!  thanks for the info!  that last cliff-hanger was too much to take.
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2007, 11:38:31 pm »
God, for the first time in this story I really like K.E. ... I won't give anything away, but I really felt for him and understood him in this chapter. What a terrible hand this family was dealt.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2007, 05:49:38 am »
I SO agree, Mandy

**SPOILERS**

I hardly know what to say or where to start, this chapter was so emotional and so overwhelming. God, all I want right now is for Ennis to wake up and see Jack sitting there at his bed  :'( 

My heart goes out to all of them  :(  Poor sweet Jack   :'( Thank God he said he was Ennis's brother so he could ride along in the ambulance. These lines got me good:

But Ennis wasn’t crying or yelling. He was as still as a frozen pond, not scared anymore.   

and these ones:

When no one was looking he let Ennis’s cold fingers rest on his trembling lips.    

I really really felt for KE too, these lines made me feel so sad for him:

“Ezzie,” He said quietly. “I can’t handle much more of anything right now, so please, just shut up.” He sounded like he meant every word. The weight of the world settled itself on his shoulders and seemed content to rotate there around its own black sun.

And all his worrying about missing work and the bills and Elliott and Ezzie missing school....*sigh* And then wanting to know about Jack and Ennis but then again *not* wanting to hear about it either....Aww and how sad he was in the hospital room, his tears  :'(  and what he said to Ennis, “It’s like I’m nobody’s little boy anymore,” He told Ennis in hushed tones.
“You know what I mean don’t ya kid? You’ll always have me being older than you, watching out for you no matter what.” K.E. bit his bottom lip and let ‘but who do I have?’ stay hot and lonely on his tongue
. just about broke my heart 
And omfg when Jack blurted out to KE that they were more than friends, I thought my heart had stopped beating for a second.
And I also thought Jack's stifled yell was so utterly sad too  :'(

Sweet little Elliott was adorable as ever, telling Jack that he is Ennis's best and only friend. That was just so great  :)
I thought this little line was just so brilliant too, so absolutely right for KE:

His tight black t-shirt clung to him angrily

And these last lines really choked me up:

Jack slid both hands up the side of the bed, feeling for Ennis’s and putting one hand in his own. He knew he’d sit in the chair for as long as they’d let him; sleep there if he could with his head on the bed, body in the chair.

He felt something wet on the sheets where K.E. had been and he fingered the fallen splashes of tear drops that were slow to dry and he picked up one of Ennis’s fingers, dragging it across the salty puddles so he could feel them too.

SO beautifully sad   :'(  *SIGH*  I wish Chas could update again tomorrow.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2007, 05:51:54 am »

BTW June, love your Shane banner!!

;D Thanks Mandy! Lucise (Milli) made it, and she's got loads more!  ;D

mvansand76

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2007, 03:09:22 pm »
I absolutely loved this chapter... couldn't wait to read the rest of it on the train back home! June has already quoted all my favorite bits, so I won't repeat that! I loved the dialogue in this chapter!

BTW- What are those banners? Shane-banners? Huhn?  ???

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »

BTW- What are those banners? Shane-banners? Huhn?  ???

LOL Mel! My sig line ~ she's a character Mandy, Lucise and I love from an American tv series called 'The L-word' that was on Dutch tv for a while but sadly isn't on anymore. I only got to watch a few episodes  :(  There's even a thread here on BM dedicated to it on Anything Goes  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27:31 pm »
Aaaaah thanks for the explanation. Never watched it!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »
LOL Mel! My sig line ~ she's a character Mandy, Lucise and I love from an American tv series called 'The L-word' that was on Dutch tv for a while but sadly isn't on anymore. I only got to watch a few episodes  :(  There's even a thread here on BM dedicated to it on Anything Goes  :)

Love me some L-word  :) And Shane... she is sexy in a way I never knew existed  ::)

All the ladies of the L-word are though, I can't wait until the newest season is on DVD

ok, this has nothing to do with NBA... sorry!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2007, 05:46:42 pm »
And Shane... she is sexy in a way I never knew existed  ::)

I agree...... ::)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2007, 10:47:59 pm »
I'm jumping in here as another Shane fan!  Indeed very sexy.
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie