Author Topic: Filming locations...  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Filming locations...
« on: November 14, 2006, 11:34:18 pm »
Okay on TOB, somebody posted a link called www.Findingbrokeback.com.     Jack's death was filmed on Rainbow Road in Alberta.  Earl life  ended near Dorothy, Alberta..  I know the commenter says something about the irony of the place names of where the actual filming took place.  Evidently, it's pretty hard to get to Rainbow Road.  Here's the main link which can connect to the two locations. 

http://www.findingbrokeback.com/

On the left hand column, there are many options to click on. I clicked on search.  Then, I typed Earl. It pulled up two links.  The Chapter 12 link is a photo of where Earl's body was discoverd. The Chapter 17 link is a photo of where Jack was killed.   

I found both photo's, particularly the site of Jack's death, quite unsettling, even though I know there fiction.  :'(

If your planning a BBM trip, this website seems to have the information you need. They also have photo albums that ppl posted showng them at many of the film sites including the final blowup.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:35:55 am by Kd5000 »

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Filming locations...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:04:31 pm »
Thank you for posting this link.
I have truly enjoyed seeing these places if only in pictures. It comforts me to know that one day I may be able to goto these spots. I know it sounds corny but thats just how I'm feelin right now.
I guess Im in the early stages on falling in love with BBM!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"