Author Topic: Bush appoints anti-birth control fundamentalist to run family planning program  (Read 26122 times)

injest

but reading thru...you are both repeating yourselves. Since it doesn't seem either of you are going to change your stance; you should let it rest.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
President Bush hates women.

President Bush hates gay people.

President Bush hates Native Americans.

President Bush hates Catholics, Jews and Muslims.

President Bush hates anyone who isn't a W.A.S.P.

President Bush hates Americans.

President Bush hates the World.

President Bush only loves himself, his family, and the few others who constantly kiss his ass.

President Bush should be impeached and thrown in prison.  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Bush's policy is to give much more of a damn about cell clusters (stem cells, zygotes, et cetera) than about human beings. 

His stance on Iraq, the environment and healthcare all prove this. It would be laughable if it weren't so damn tragic.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
The foundations of Christianity are in Judeaism, the first successful paternalistic religion. In those days, a man could take a female and impregnate her and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it, under the law. Women developed the ability to abort unwanted pregnancies, which enraged men, and so the oppressive system of laws and morality was a counter-invention of men.

Actually the situation hasn't changed much even today, especially for poor women. They have little access to birth control and men use them for cheap entertainment and to assert their territorial claims.  Access to abortion is for many women the only way out of a life-long sentence to poverty and submission to men. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Aparently no one has heard of adoption. And why should it ever be tax payer funded!
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Aparently no one has heard of adoption. And why should it ever be tax payer funded!

Mark, you're doing it again. you're repeating yourself:

Ever hear of adoption? Why would the child suffer? The woman had a chance at living to and here child had none?

As for taxpayers paying for it, it's part a being in a society that takes care of it's own (citizen's health matters to all - ergo the public purse should pay)

Edited for spelling purposes
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 11:31:22 am by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline jpwagoneer1964

The name is Mark
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
The name is Mark

Mark, you're repeating yourself.  Adoption is an option, but for a woman who is not capable, mentally, physically, emotionally, socially or economically to have a child what makes you think going through 9 months of carrying a child, dealing with all the changes both inside and outside, the burden of pre-natal care and finally the risks and costs of childbirth are any easier?

Offline jpwagoneer1964

Mark, you're repeating yourself.  Adoption is an option, but for a woman who is not capable, mentally, physically, emotionally, socially or economically to have a child what makes you think going through 9 months of carrying a child, dealing with all the changes both inside and outside, the burden of pre-natal care and finally the risks and costs of childbirth are any easier?
The child had a chance at life. And the 9 months with be a hell of a lot easer versis a whole lifetime of regreat, loss, suffering by the woman. Most private adoption will support the mother during this time. Tthere are other choices. Most women live to regret ever having abortion, something that years of therapy can't ever cure.

Society shouldn't have to fund the misjudgement of others, I think the father should always pay. We seem to live in a society where we are not accountable for our actions.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
The child had a chance at life. And the 9 months with be a hell of a lot easer versis a whole lifetime of regreat, loss, suffering by the woman.

And abandoning a full term child at an orphanage, where they may or may not be adopted is any easier on the woman?  You seem to think that all children are adopted.  If that were the case, why are so many children in state homes, orphanages or out and out abandoned on the street?

Because most people who want children want their own, not someone elses. 

There are other choices. Most women live to regret ever having abortion, something that years of therapy can't ever cure.

How do you know?  Most women have regrets, many have regrets but know they made the right decision for themselves.  Not every woman who has an abortion lives a horrible life of regret and needs therapy.  These are just stories intended to scare women from having abortions.  Most of the women I know who had abortions are now married, and have children.

Society shouldn't have to fund the misjudgement of others, I think the father should always pay. We seem to live in a society where we are not accountable for our actions.

Then the unwanted children will be abandoned on the street.  This is what usually happens when a parent cannot afford to raise a child and the state will not take them.  Take a look at Catholic countries to our south where abortion is strictly outlawed and the state has little money to pay for expensive upkeep of unwanted children.  There are many abandoned children in the streets.