Author Topic: It's time to fess up  (Read 9851 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: It's time to fess up
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:23:54 pm »
Oh Ray. Have I told you lately how glad I am that you're here? That was beautifully said.

No you haven't, so yud better do it right now!

What you don't want your part as Ennis in the flashback hug scene? LOL

Don't you dare take that role away from me!  Infact I'm performing it tonight.  I'm having Sheyne around for dinner, (I don't know how she'll taste).  She is another wonderful gift from this board!

I know you play the clown at times

Maybe I should take the evil Jimbo role!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 06:27:13 pm »
Super duper glad, that's how glad! (Almost) as glad as Ennis was to see Jack in the reunion scene....what, too much information?

I'm sure Sheyne will taste wonderful. Let us know!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 06:33:59 pm »
Don't you dare take that role away from me!  Infact I'm performing it tonight.  I'm having Sheyne around for dinner, (I don't know how she'll taste).  She is another wonderful gift from this board!
I wouldn't dare take that role away from you hunny! You were made for it! Take pictures if possible of you and Sheyne! Hey if you are eating her(be warned this is about to get scary) then maybe you could save what is left of her and she can play the dead sheep when we do the reinactment!

Maybe I should take the evil Jimbo role!
No you couldn't play him, you could never turn Jack down, you know that! Anyway I can't picture you in the red nose and baggy pants!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2006, 06:39:29 pm »
maybe you could save what is left of her and she can play the dead sheep when we do the reinactment!

Well, I know we'll be drinking wine, so I'd say either one of us will be perfect for the sheep peeing on the mountain!

And thankyou Court, It's about time! ;)
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2006, 07:11:02 pm »
Well, I know we'll be drinking wine, so I'd say either one of us will be perfect for the sheep peeing on the mountain!

Yeah by the sounds of it you will both be baaaaaaaaaladered! (AKA drunk, if you didn't know what bladered was, maybe it is an English thing)*badoom, doom, tisch!*
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 07:22:17 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:09:50 pm »
Ray, that's beautiful! I'm not as articulate as most of you guys, so I'm just going to say it again, that's beautiful Ray!

Nicole, even though you might never read this, I too, am sad to see you leave! You are part of this family and we'll always be thankful for your comments and contribution and of course the fact that we were allowed to squat the Pierre Tremblay board! Merci Pierre.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 08:22:06 pm »
Oh wow....I don't even know where to begin...I'm touched that Nicole has written all of us such a thoughtful and sweet letter....I agree with Becky, I sincerely do wish she and Pierre would be around us forever because they're such wonderful people. They were unbelievably kind in letting us use Pierre's board for our posts.
I feel very sad thinking that she won't be posting on this board anymore - I hope we can sign up for visitation rights  :) 

It is rare to come across a group with such diverse voices, generous hearts, great wit, and intelligent minds. Even if I haven't interacted with ppl on the board personally - I so admire what they are able to put across in their posts and their deep passion for bbm. - I mean, I usually only have internet access after midnight and I stay up just to come share my thoughts with you all - no matter if I haven't slept in days - it just means so much to me to be able to do so.

I don't think one has to be a film scholar to relate to you all - I always leave all that assistant director stuff at the door and post here as someone who loves Brokeback Mountain for the brilliant film it is and for what it stirs in people. It's a masterpiece, no doubt, and over the past few months, I have become more deeply attached to it for what it brings out in people - the deepest of emotions are articulated over here and on the IMDB boards and I appreciate it so very much.

Thank You all so very much.
Lots of love and hugs,
Reanna

P.S: Chanterais - Indian Princess?  ::)  My cheeks are full on red now. Thanks sweetie. I think you're wonderful.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 05:07:25 pm by reannawrites »
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 08:24:48 pm »

Each personality is essential in this group and I'm always aware when one of you hasn't posted for a while...but every word is read and, for me, every personality makes up this breathtaking dynamic.   So forgive my failure to discuss the film's nuances and technicalities anymore, but you have become my text of choice these days.

Lovely, dear Ray - just lovely
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 09:10:07 pm »
Wow, reading this whole thread has brought me to tears. It's funny, 'cause just last night I fully realized just how attached I am to all of you. When I first joined in on discussions on IMdB, it was for BBM and only BBM. And daily I would wonder to myself: "I wonder what aspect of the film they're all talking about today?" But last night, I thought to myself: "Oooh, I wonder who's on, I should go online & see what's new with everyone" and I stopped for a second, smiled, and realized that what we have here is so much more than a movie. I still love discussing the movie, of course, but with YOU all, and everyone brings something unique and amazing to this group.

You are all a reminder of what's beautiful in this world; the ability to connect with another being so meaningfully. Past all the prejudices, racism, homophobia, and all of the other evils, there is still good, and we have to hold on to that to stay sane. And when I'm out in the mad world, living day-to-day, running around in circles just like everyone else, I think of you all & feel my heart skip a beat.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 09:39:23 am »
the French femme fatale Isabelle,

Heeheehee, wow, (I hesitate between the two), I am blushing now! Now you've made my day, I can just go through the day (or the rest of my life), playing the femme fatale. I always dreamt of becoming an actress, in plays I mean.

to the beautiful inside-and-out Indian princess Reanna

Oh, she is, she is exactly this! SO beautiful. She is the real femme fatale!

to the eloquent and dryly hilarious Jmmgallagher to the warmth and kindness of Shuggy, who believes in the best of everyone, to the frankly insane and adorable thought pieces by Julie.

Heehee!

I guess this is just a love letter to all of you. 

Wow. Same to you.

Yes, I mean you.  And you.  I don't know if you all witnessed my adoring molestation of Henrypie the other day, but I probably could write a similar piece about every single one of you.  I really could.  And I will, if you ask me.

Ok: yes, please!

My heart beats big for you guys.  Just wanted you to know.

Same here, to all who will read this.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 06:00:45 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"