Author Topic: Recipes - Appetizers & Snacks  (Read 16948 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Recipes - Appetizers & Snacks
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »
I'm getting the chestnuts ready to roast tomorrow. In addition to scoring them so they won't explode in a fire, I heard somewhere that they should be soaked overnight. But now, I'm wondering if that's a good idea. These chestnuts look pretty fresh. Alas, I learned too late this advice about selecting chestnuts:

"“Perhaps the problem with incineration is old nuts from the store. Fresh nuts are heavier and should bounce like a tennis ball. Old nuts are dried up and lighter. Old nuts can't take the heat so they end up getting cremated. It's always preferable to buy young nuts, even if it means that you have to bounce your nuts in the supermarket.”

:laugh:  :laugh:

I certainly wouldn't mind witnessing somebody (preferably good looking men) bouncing their nuts in the supermarket!  8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 08:16:52 pm »
I'm enjoying an appetizer tonight that I didn't have a chance to make over Thanksgiving. On wheat crackers, place a slice of guayaba (quince paste) and then a slice of campasino (Mexican cow's milk cheese). Top with a piece of fresh basil. This appetizer looks great, doesn't cost much, and is simplicity itself!
Too much to do. . .I don't have time to get old!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2014, 12:40:49 am »
Buffalo Chicken Crescent Puffs

A spicy chicken and cheese filling mixture is baked into flaky Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent rounds in this easy appetizer that will disappear fast!

prep time 25 min   total time 1 hr 10 min  ingredients 8   servings 32

Ingredients

2   oz cream cheese (from two 8-oz packages), softened   
2   tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce or other red pepper sauce   
1/3   cup crumbled blue cheese (1 1/2 oz)   
1/4   cup finely chopped celery  (optional)
1   cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast   
2   cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Place ’N Bake® refrigerated crescent rounds (16 rounds) or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls   
1/3   cup unsalted or salted butter, melted   
1   cup Progresso™ Panko Bread Crumbs

Step 1 of 3

Line cookie sheet with sides with waxed paper or cooking parchment paper. In medium bowl, mix cream cheese and pepper sauce. Stir in blue cheese and celery. Stir in chicken until well blended. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into 32 (1 1/2-inch) balls; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 20 minutes.

Step 2 of 3

Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. If using crescent rounds, remove from package, but do not separate rounds. If using crescent rolls, remove from package, but do not unroll. Using serrated knife, cut each roll evenly into 16 rounds; carefully separate rounds. Press each round to 3 inches in diameter. Place chilled chicken mixture ball on center of each dough round; shape dough around ball to cover completely.

Step 3 of 3

In shallow dish, place melted butter. In another shallow dish, place bread crumbs. Dip dough balls into butter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place 2 inches apart on large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!